PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody bought the cadlights CLED-RC48 LED

AC-WEB
03/16/2011, 08:26 AM
I may be upgrading to a 75-90gallon tank and am thinking about LED light fixtures. Has anybody had experiences with the cadlights CLED-RC48
LED system. I specifically want to know if the lighting is strong enough for an sps dominated tank, is it worth the money, and any other info that may
be useful to think about before making a decision on purchasing this fixture.

Here is the link: http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=182

I'm not really interested in a diy system as I am not that handy and don't want to tinker with building a lighting system.

swimboy123
03/17/2011, 04:54 PM
Bump. I'm not hijacking the thread but I would like to know as well!

Midnightsun
03/17/2011, 05:25 PM
This has only been out a month or so, can't see how anyone can comment on it yet. 48" of light at only 90 watts (maybe 80w of leds) is not much so I have to assume it's not going to be sufficient for sps. In comparison, people are putting 3-4 AI style led lights on a 48" tank for a total of 225-300 watts.

reeftivo
03/17/2011, 05:39 PM
I think they offer a higher power 120, but not in the length you're looking for.

It's an option for the pro and artisan but it doesn't appear on their standard LED listing-HMMM? I've seen one on the cadlights 39pro build thread and it looks extremely powerfull for the price point.

Maybe call or e-mail Eddie at Cadlights

AC-WEB
03/18/2011, 08:40 AM
Are there other led fixture option similar in length that would be recommended?

I think they offer a higher power 120, but not in the length you're looking for.

It's an option for the pro and artisan but it doesn't appear on their standard LED listing-HMMM? I've seen one on the cadlights 39pro build thread and it looks extremely powerfull for the price point.

Maybe call or e-mail Eddie at Cadlights

reeftivo
03/18/2011, 12:07 PM
check out the maxspects
http://www.aquashoponline.com/28-new-generation-maxspect-programmable-aquarium-led-lighting-g2.html