PDA

View Full Version : Chemi-Pure Elite in Biocube

baggedtb
03/16/2011, 11:24 AM
I have had my new biocube hqi up and running for almost a month now and want to get away from using the stock biocube filters with carbon. These don't seem to last long before they need to be replaced. I have read that some people purchase the media basket from mediabaskets.com and use filter floss\chemi pure\purigen but I prefer to leave my refugium as is currently with some rubble of LR and cheato.

What would be the best solution for adding chemipure? Has anyone added chemipure to the biocube that can give me some ideas?

BowieReefer84
03/16/2011, 11:39 AM
What size tank? I have a 29gal biocube. Heater in chamber one with the floor cut out. In the second chamber I have a mediarack with floss, chemi, and purigen. I also have a tunze nano in the second chamber with the stevie t cup. It's a tight fit, but it works. Nitrates are always zero. I like the idea of chaeto, but the rubble rock seems like it would turn into a detritus pit.

A lot depends on your livestock load and water change schedule. I have 5 fish, and change 3 gallons of water every week (or two)...

You could always create some sort of eggcrate shelf at the top of chamber 1, and throw a bag there?

nvdiz
03/16/2011, 12:40 PM
you dont really need the media baskets, but it helps to ensure that a lot of the water is flowing through it.

nanojg
03/16/2011, 12:42 PM
I think a lot of the stuff in chemi pure elite is useless in salt water tanks. I would just stick to good old fashion, high quality carbon and gfo.

grigsy
03/16/2011, 09:24 PM
I use Chemi pure Elite in my 24 gallon nano and it seems to work fine. Definitely gives the water a clearer look to it.

I dont think you will go wrong if you add it to your tank.

Hagisan
03/17/2011, 07:10 PM
I think a lot of the stuff in chemi pure elite is useless in salt water tanks. I would just stick to good old fashion, high quality carbon and gfo.

I concur. +1