PDA

View Full Version : Searching

Dan87
06/08/2003, 05:13 PM
I regret to inform you people that my mantis that I just got 1 day ago, has died for some reason. Roy told me he may ahve been stuck while trying to molt. I'm currently looking for a new mantis. Please inform me if you know a place that has them or you have found some in your live rock.

silent_assassin_e99
06/08/2003, 06:12 PM
sorry to hear that:( what happened to the one your lfs was getting in today?

Dan87
06/08/2003, 06:36 PM
well they didnt get it in, and they are closed tomorrow. plus, i told them not to worry about it anymore. I'll tell him to get it for me again now but i doubt he'll get it. i was just looking for someoen else instead of the fish store.

febtober
06/09/2003, 01:14 AM
I'm sure you already know this but check with the two companies in Florida that sell live rock, Tampa Bay Salt Water and Gulf View i believe. I've heard they get many mantis shrimps although I'm on the other coast and not sure on your proximity to them.

Dan87
06/09/2003, 11:29 AM
TBS's shipping for mantis' is about 64$!!! they r about 4 hrs from me. ill check gulf view.

Sting
06/09/2003, 07:32 PM
Hey, TBS has a fine stock of Mantis Shrimp. I visited them Saturday and they had at least 4 or 5- and they are always getting more in from their weekly dives. I actually am thinking of buying one and setting up a small 5 G nano soon. They are $9.95 a piece, and they had a really big one that I thought was so cool. It would lift up it's head and stare right at you with his claws out and I thought it was awesome. Then another smaller one went psycho when I was looking at it- and tried to jump out of the tank!

Good Luck Dan, I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later. Do you know where GV is located? I thought it was closer to me than you, if TBS is 4 hours away from you, but I am still searching for directions.

Good Luck.

Sting
06/09/2003, 07:32 PM
Hey, TBS has a fine stock of Mantis Shrimp. I visited them Saturday and they had at least 4 or 5- and they are always getting more in from their weekly dives. I actually am thinking of buying one and setting up a small 5 G nano soon. They are $9.95 a piece, and they had a really big one that I thought was so cool. It would lift up it's head and stare right at you with his claws out and I thought it was awesome. Then another smaller one went psycho when I was looking at it- and tried to jump out of the tank!

Good Luck Dan, I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later. Do you know where GV is located? I thought it was closer to me than you, if TBS is 4 hours away from you, but I am still searching for directions.

Good Luck.

Dan87
06/09/2003, 07:38 PM
I would DEFINETLY go to TBS but they r about 4-5 hours away. no i dont know where gulf view is. could u give me a website?