PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Fish Feeder?

KRBNSOL
03/18/2011, 06:30 PM
In preparation for an upcoming vacation, I've been eyeballing this Ehiem fish feeder.

I could as a neighbor to feed them, but thought this would take the guess work out of it. I know there is many out there. Thoughts/opinions? I know you have them!:lolspin:

jbax
03/18/2011, 07:22 PM
i have one and it works great.

droth335
03/18/2011, 07:59 PM
We have one and it works great too...in fact I am currently in AZ while my tank is essentially on "autopilot". In conjunction with the automated feeder we also havea 20 gallon ATO which lasts right at a week. We did have my sister-in-law stop in yesterday and do a quick visual report as well as putting a few gallons of ro/di water in the ATO reservoir but other than that it is hands off for the week. I would much rather have this automation then risk having someone take care of it that doesn't know what they are doing... and there are no experienced reefers in my neighborhood!

muttley000
03/18/2011, 08:04 PM
How long will you be gone? Feeding your tank is likely not nearly as important as top off.

Mike31154
03/18/2011, 09:11 PM
My Eheim dual chamber feeder is in daily service. When I'm gone for a few days to a week, there's little change to the fish feeding routine that way. When I'm home, I supplement the auto feeding schedule with an evening treat of frozen goodies & I keep the nori clip supplied with nori for the critters.

KRBNSOL
03/19/2011, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the input/feedback. Will only be gone for a week, so I think this should work fine. I don't have an ATO, but I'm not losing much water to evap right now...about a 1/2g a week.