PDA

View Full Version : We need a humidistat

niko5
03/21/2011, 09:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to be able to know the exact humidity % in my sump area (or for others in their fish rooms) via their Apex?

would be pretty cool.

RokleM
03/22/2011, 09:08 AM
I'm with you on that one. Couple that with the ability to control a fan or air exchanger.

aquamanic
03/22/2011, 09:57 AM
You can hook up a humidistat with NO/NC relays, set it to a particular percentage and treat it like a switch to turn on/off a fan. It would not report the humidity like a probe could but it would enable you to activate an outlet based on humidity.

niko5
03/22/2011, 11:26 AM
Aquamanic, thats no fun lol. But your right and iv thought about doing that. however it would still be neat to know the exact level. But may not be cost effective...

aquamanic
03/22/2011, 12:53 PM
I've got a link to one in the User Guide and I think Ken has used a different one that he's posted a link to.

cjcmcheek
03/22/2011, 09:42 PM
you can just use a temp probe. remember that relative humidity is directly related to temperature. you will find that when you try to adjust relative humidity with a fan you will be hard pressed to do so without changing the temperature. when it gets a little hot in there more moisture will fill the area, cool it off with new air, lowers humidity at the same time.

but nonetheless relative humidity sensors are available from one or 2 brands of indoor hydroponic controllers. some of them operate the exact same way the aquacontrollers do with a few more sensors available.

gotfrogs
05/05/2012, 10:00 AM
I think this is the biggest weakness of the Apex, not having the ability to attach a humidity probe. I have this feature in my $200 DA controller. Hopefully Neptune will add this feature one day.

aquamanic
05/05/2012, 11:01 AM
I think this is the biggest weakness of the Apex, not having the ability to attach a humidity probe.

You're kidding, right?

gotfrogs
05/05/2012, 11:31 AM
No, I am totally serious. My apex does everything that I want it to do except monitor and control the humidity in my fish room.

bazineta
05/05/2012, 12:23 PM
Warms my heart to know that for the investment I made in the gear, that's the biggest weakness I've ended up with. Booyah! :thumbsup:

Just funning with you gotfrogs, I think that'd be a neat addition as well.