PDA

View Full Version : Id please

Flightdeck
03/21/2011, 10:37 PM
I got this one a few weeks ago and just love the all red body and green mouths.
I am not very familiar with lps at all. I have an sps tank. I was told it was a blasto? I have it at the bottom of the tank and it seems to being doing very well since day one. Fully opened and swelled up and awesome color(the pic does not justice at all) If you can help in safe keeping for this dude that would be great thanks a mill.

coralreefdoc
03/21/2011, 11:18 PM
Blastomussa

clockwurk
03/21/2011, 11:22 PM
yup, blasto.
bottom placement is ideal, cause it doesnt require too much light. also, if you have with sps, im assuming you have lots of flow on your tank. blastos usually do better with less flow compared to sps, so place appropriately.

another thing. they can swell up pretty big when they are hungry at night. make sure it has ample room to spread so it doesnt sting or get stung by anything around it.

Flightdeck
03/21/2011, 11:49 PM
wow great info thank you very much! Tons of flow in the tank, but I did start this little dude in the bottom between the rock formations where flow is less. what do you think it could sting or get stung bye? and how much room should I keep it away from? Should I feed it or leave it?

Flightdeck
03/21/2011, 11:51 PM
What do they call this little monster other than blasto.