PDA

View Full Version : phosphate drop?

Anthony.Luciano
03/23/2011, 04:58 PM
ok so i have a question about phosphate completely dropping to as close to 0 as possible. when i filled my system up (about 170 gallons total) my ro/di machine went out about 20 gallons in so basically my tank is full of dechlorinated tap water. i put the output tubes through a net full of gfo and have bags of it in my sump. my phosphate level using a hanna checker is 0.23 which is relatively high for a reef although theres no coral i need to get it down. i just bought a brand new ro/di machine and tds meter and some more gfo and a product called phosphate-e by kent marine. i heard some good reviews about this and i would like to know what you think. my friend told me that its amazing and if he ever had a phosphate problem this thing would just know out the phosphates on the spot then you need to maintain it using gfo. then someone else told me it uses some chemical bond to make the phosphate into solids that can be taken out by the skimmer so put them together and i understand how this could really drop the phosphates. so let me know what you think about this. thanks