PDA

View Full Version : My anemone doesn't seem right Pics Need help

amnbowser
03/23/2011, 06:12 PM
I am worried my anemone is going to die. I am not happy about it but I don't have a place to put him other then my tank. I need you guys advice on what you think and if I should pull him or not. I don't want him killing everything else in there. I may be over reacting he may not be that bad. What gets me is that he still eats and he has never tried to move he has been in the same spot since I got him. I have had a little ammonia spike supposivly by my test kit but it isn't going down for the last two weeks up or down I think it may just be my kit. 0 nitrites 5ppm Nitrates. Lights are 4 96w actinic cf running 12 hours a day 3 250W MH 4 hours a day my water temp I must admit habeen a little high at 81-84 thinking about getting a chiller. Let me know what you think I should do.

One pic with flash other without

this is me
03/23/2011, 06:22 PM
What is not right about it? Why aren't you happy with it?
Looks perfectly fine for me.

btw, welcome to RC!

amnbowser
03/23/2011, 06:32 PM
Well this is the type of reply a worried anemone owner likes to hear. His color doesn't seem right to me it looks like he has a sun burn and his skin is peeling surely this isn't normal? But seriously I will take those comments all night because I was worried about him and you just basically told me toshut up and go drink a beer you worry wort. Thanks

t4zalews
03/23/2011, 06:33 PM
^+1, I dont see anything wrong with it...looks like a completely healthy LTA

ReeferBill
03/23/2011, 06:35 PM
Hi amnbowser ; Wecome to Reef Central and if you think your anenome looks bad because its mouth is open? The color looks good and if it does not move it is happy where it is and the mouth opens to inflate and deflate. When it becomes bleached or turns into a gooey jelly mess then you can start worrying. Keep feeding and Happy Reefing. What do you feed your nem ?:spin3:

ReeferBill
03/23/2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Amnbowser ; I cannot see any type of pealing , maybe a closer picture could show it..

amnbowser
03/23/2011, 07:17 PM
I am avid diver I feed him blood lines out of fish that I catch he seems to really like it. Of course I have to fight off the aero crab when I feed him because he will steal the catch. So I have fun with fencing the crab with my stick. I will take another picture for you no problem thanks for all the help guys. It will be nice to have this site as a resource.

BonsaiNut
03/23/2011, 10:00 PM
He looks 100% healthy to me, LOL. That's a good looking M. doreensis :)

amnbowser
03/24/2011, 06:39 AM
You guys have made me feel alot better. I had a fencing match last night with the aero crab and my blennie. He scarfed down a little piece of fresh fish no problem. How often can I feed him I have a 210 gallon tank I don't have alot in there so I really don't care how big he gets. Of course my clowns haven't taken to him like I want them to but maybe some day they will figure it out. They were hosting him when I bought him. I think maybe my angel has a little bit to do with it. My flame angel is kind of an *** to them.

WDLV
03/24/2011, 10:00 AM
Shut up and go drink a beer you worry wart!