PDA

View Full Version : Aqueon Megaflow

Retired Reefer
03/24/2011, 01:54 PM
I'm in the process of setting up a 140 gal. with corner overflows. Rather than build my own standpipes (durso type) I let the salesperson talk me into buying the megaflows. I couldn't be more unhappy with this product. I'm not completely new to this, I have a 55 gal. since 1995 that is pretty much silent with the overflow I built but I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop the flushing and hard bubbling produced by this product. I've made sure there is no low spots in the drain lines and have tried adjusting the standpipes every which way I can think of, still unacceptable noise. I put a call in to Aqueon for help and got a answering machine, we'll see if they call back. I guess my next move might be to rip them out and build my own. What a waste of money that would be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

philosophish
03/24/2011, 03:26 PM
Do a search for "bean overflow". An easy and quick fix, if you are not pushing the overflow to its limits, is to follow the theory with the bean system by putting one of the drains lower than the other and limiting that flow with a valve then letting the other overflow handle the addition lower flow. Again, that is if you are not pushing a lot of water through the returns.

Good luck.