PDA

View Full Version : Lunar wrasse hiding and other Q's

EMac22
03/25/2011, 02:51 PM
I just purchased a lunar wrasse 4 days ago. It's about 5-6 inches long and very healthy. I put him in my 220 gallon semi-aggressive FOWLR tank and he's been hiding since. There was a small chase when i put him in between him and my domino damsel(domino was removed immediately). The wrasse is still hiding though. Do lunar wrasses usually hide for days on end when they're put in a new tank? This is the current stock list for the tank and no there is NO fighting between other fish. All the small fish are around 2 inches.

6 inch huma huma
6 inch blue throat
7 inch blue hippo
5 inch spiny boxfish
2 black velvet damsels
2 black and white striped damsels
2 purple and yellow damsels
1 blue devil damsel
1 yellow damsel
1 clown fish

Aside from the lunar wrasse hiding everything is good. I'm also looking for other suggestions as for what other fish could be put in the tank, if any.

Cichlidgeek
03/25/2011, 04:46 PM
It's not uncommon at all for wrasses to hide when transferred to a new tank. Give him a little while before getting too concerned.

EMac22
03/25/2011, 06:43 PM
Well it's been almost a week and i have not seen it. It was out on sunday when i put it in the tank and again for a split second on monday and it has been completely out of sight since then. I checked the overflow boxes and it wasn't hiding in there, i did find another clownfish in there though.

josea1952
03/26/2011, 01:58 AM
When I brought my tank home the red Coris innate was gone for a few days, came out and then hid again for another week. Now he's out all the time. Give him time.