PDA

View Full Version : A. sandaracinos + S. haddoni

iceh
03/26/2011, 10:50 PM
Any qualms?

I have a 120g that is working it's towards being SPS dominant (70/30) with an 8 bulb ATI sunpower about 4 1/2 to 5" off the water.

My gf's heart is set on the orange skunks, but I don't want a bubble tip roaming around my tank killing acros. I personally prefer the look of haddoni's, but I was also looking at an H. crispa.

Tips, suggestions, constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks,
Terry

nemoboy1
03/27/2011, 08:05 AM
Any nems can move around until they find the right area unless u change the flow or revamp the whole tank... Any nems would do great with that lighting setup make sure u feed them too... Good luck

iceh
03/27/2011, 09:58 AM
I understand that, but I was under the impression that bta's move around more so than most anemone's.

PJtree23
03/27/2011, 11:04 AM
I understand that, but I was under the impression that bta's move around more so than most anemone's.

Yes, more so than sand dwelling ones such as the LTA

nemoboy1
03/27/2011, 11:14 AM
All depends... They ( bta ) will move more often until they find a suitable spot and usually stick to it... All 4 of mine hasn't move for as long as I can remember maybe 8 months or so... My crispa also stayed in one spot... Provide good light food and water flow depending on species and they will be happy

Payton034
03/27/2011, 11:34 AM
My RBTA has stayed attached to the same rock since i put him there, even when i moved the whole rock to another spot in the tank, My haddoni is on the sand bed, but is still moving every few days and it's a pain because i have to keep rearranging the corals and rocks, he is also huge.

Payton034
03/27/2011, 11:36 AM
I have found you get an anemone and work your tank around them, they do what they want. If you want a tank with worries, don't get an anemone. I want more corals , sps, but right now it's not worth it unless i have easy access to moving them constantly

phender
03/27/2011, 01:40 PM
When haddonis move, they tend to stay near the bottom away from most of your sps. The bad thing is that you can't trust them to not eat your fish, especially grazers.
The crispas sometimes move around off the sand, but once they find a place they like they usually stay there. They won't eat your fish, but IME, I think they tend to irritate corals more than haddoni.
It will be tougher finding a healthy crispa than finding a healthy haddoni.

The orange skunks will for sure take to the crispa. They will "likely" take to the haddoni as well.