PDA

View Full Version : Nano Cube 28HQI Need advice on Skimmer please help!!

ReefRDude
03/27/2011, 12:12 PM
Hello Guys, I have a recently cycled Nano 28g HQI. I am very pleased with my progress so far. I want to add a skimmer but I don't want the HOB skimmers. I was told to get the Nano JBJ Skimmer by my LFS. I was also told to get the Tunze 9002.

With the JBJ I can keep my media basket with the Tunze I don't think I can keep my basket. The LFS said DO NOT remove the media basket . I want to raise both LPS and SPS Corals. Can someone advise if the JBJ with media Basket is the best route or Tunze 9002 w/o the basket.

I am having temperature problems also. I set my heater at 78 degrees and it drops down to 75 when lights are off. I now have the heater set at 80 degrees and it drops to 77degrees when light is off. here is the problem. My tank heats to 83-84 degrees when lights are on. Iwas told to try a fan to help keep it cool. Can anyone recommend a quiet fan that will help out. Anybody have the Azoo or Tunze Fans??? Thanks for any help you guys may offer.

ReefRDude
03/27/2011, 03:46 PM
bump.......nobody have any advice. Please help me guys

Smitty1782
04/21/2011, 03:50 PM
Im in the same boat as you... Not sure what skimmer to get for my 28g nano cube. Any updates on your skimmer hunt???

nanojg
04/21/2011, 03:58 PM
Id skip the skimmer and keep up with your water changes and add gfo and carbon to the filter baskets, or better yet take the baskets out and make a reactor for the gfo (I made one out of 2 or 3" PVC and an mj400 in a about 20 minutes).

1st timer
04/22/2011, 09:08 AM
nanojg, got any pics of your gfo reactorand/or link to build one?

Smitty1782
05/09/2011, 01:21 PM
UPDATE

I ENDED UP FINDING AN OFF BRAND VERSION (BOYU WG-310) OF THE AQUAEURO USA NANO SKIMMER 2 AND A LFS... $45 BUCKS... NOT A BAD PRICE TO TRY OUT.

FUNNY THING IS... THAT ON THE BOYU SITE... ITS SAYS THAT THIS SKIMMER IS PATENTED. SO IM GUESSING THEY ARE THE ACTUAL MANUFACTURER AND THEY SELL TO 3RD PARTY COMPANIES TO REBRAND AND SELL UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME.

CHECK IT OUT IF YOU HAVENT GOTTEN ONE ALREADY.

http://www.boyuaquarium.com/en_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=441