PDA

View Full Version : My New Crocea Clam

Conrad0032
03/29/2011, 10:52 PM
So I just got my crocea clam from reefempire1 on eBay. Definately recommend!
She's pretty small at roughly 3 inches, but so awsome since I have not had a clam before. Hope she grows well under 250W of metal halide in my biocube =D

Bladez
03/29/2011, 10:55 PM
250w should be more than enough in a standard tank!! Mine grow well under 175's in a 24" deep tank.

I suggest starting it out on the bottom of the tank till it gets adjusted to your light.

So I just got my crocea clam from reefempire1 on eBay. Definately recommend!
She's pretty small at roughly 3 inches, but so awsome since I have not had a clam before. Hope she grows well under 250W of metal halide in my biocube =D

jyxie
03/30/2011, 04:11 AM
gl on your clam! looks great

moliken
03/30/2011, 05:05 AM
put a small rock under it in the sand it'll attach and then begin to move it higher in the tank. it will open more and show more beauty when it gets used to its new home.

Conrad0032
03/30/2011, 10:40 AM
250w should be more than enough in a standard tank!! Mine grow well under 175's in a 24" deep tank.

I suggest starting it out on the bottom of the tank till it gets adjusted to your light.

Did just that =D Running out of room on my sand bed, but I found a spot. Thanks for the tip!

gl on your clam! looks great

I thought so to. I did not think it would look this nice when I was it on the eBay picture.

put a small rock under it in the sand it'll attach and then begin to move it higher in the tank. it will open more and show more beauty when it gets used to its new home.

I did that too =D. Did a quick read about croceas before I bought it and found that it's sometimes fatal to seperate them from the rock they attach themselves to, so I just put her on a little rock. She's already opening up, right when I put her in the tank, hopefully she will open even more!

moliken
03/30/2011, 01:09 PM
i just got 2 from reefempire. i really wanted a big maxi, but they went for insane $$. i'll post when i am done qt'ing them.