PDA

View Full Version : ato or controller with parastolic?

cjtice
03/30/2011, 07:15 AM
I would like some opinions.

I have the opportunity to buy a basic (acII) controller for a very good deal. Should I buy the DC 8 and run a parastolic pump off of it for top off, or should I just go with the tunze osmolator?

By the time I buy the DC 8 for the controller, the price is pretty much even so that is not an issue here.

cjtice
03/30/2011, 08:21 AM
Another option is to run a dress top off on a timer that I already have.

It would take 2 hours for my tank to too off with the dress top off, is this pump capable of running that long at a time?

natedogg
03/30/2011, 11:33 PM
Im going to run an aqualifter on my reefkeeper controller.

Midnightsun
03/31/2011, 04:56 AM
Personally I run a JBJ ato and an aqualifter pump even though I also have an Apex. I like the redundancy and the simplicity. JBJ ato can be had for $80 and an aqualifter for $15.

cjtice
03/31/2011, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am not a fan of JBJ especially since I just got one (used from a friend) and it worked fine on his tank but when I took it home and plugged it in, the pump would not shut off, even when the low water level light was off. I took it apart, swabbed it with peroxide and rinsed with vineger. And it still continued to malfunction.

I think that I have decided to just go with the tunze and have confidence that it will perform as expected.