PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Network after Southeast Storms

LivingRoomOcean
03/30/2011, 07:22 AM
Hello All,

Been a Apex user now for about a year - It has met all expectations.

I was able to Access my APex via Lan (ip addy http://192.168.0.150:443)
on my Iphone i am able to access apex via aquanotes on lan fine as well

My issue (same a year ago is the Wan access) Ken you were able to help me out and the issue was that Clearwire manages just about every port - called them and gave me port 443 to use - i was able to get the system running fine (been perfect for a while now)

We had some major storms in the area and I had to reset my router and Modem and lost my settings - been working on this on and off for two days now and need to get it up and running - Any help would ROCK!

here is my info

Clearwire Modem external ip address 50.10.xx.xxx (when I type this address in i am able to access the Modem)

This modem has ability to portfwd and Dynamic dns

I also have a Wireless Router Dlink dir-825 its ip address is 192.168.0.1 and I can also access via my network

Here is a shot of status

WAN
Connection Type : DHCP Client
Cable Status : Connected
Network Status : Established
Connection Up Time : 0 Day, 11:55:38

MAC Address :
IP Address : 192.168.15.3
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.15.1
Primary DNS Server : 192.168.15.1
Secondary DNS Server : (null)
Advanced DNS : Disabled
LAN
MAC Address:
IP Address : 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server : Enabled

I have a dyndns account - and my web address is tied to the external ip address of my modem and when I type that address it brings up my clearwire modem -

so my questions is what exact ip address do i need to put in the port fwd section and where do i put it (modem or router)

I have disabled the firewall on the modem fyi

and this was from a port checker tool

Success: I can see your service on 50.10.xx.xxx on port (443)
Your ISP is not blocking port 443

I hope you guys can help - Thanks !

LivingRoomOcean
03/30/2011, 02:12 PM
just spent an hour with Clearwire ... they cant seem to figure it out ....
I have tried every thing ... I think that it has to do with my Motorola Wimax modem has options to Port fwd and Dynamic dns ... Do i port fwd there and my wireless router ..
it seems the only port avail is 443 .. which is what I was using for the last 6 months

LivingRoomOcean
03/30/2011, 04:10 PM
NM

Got it .. had to turn my Router into a Bridge and let my WIMAX Modem handle the dhcp and port fwd ...

all good now ......