PDA

View Full Version : two possum wrasses in a 14?

Montereefer
03/30/2011, 08:31 PM
i have a 14 gal reef tank with a swalesi basslet,about an inch long, and i just went to the LFS today and picked up a yellow banded possum wrasse, hes about the size of a quarter, and the store has another one still there. wondering if anyone has had any experience with having two. i read somewhere that they can change sex but wanted to ask on here first. any help will be appreciated. thanks.

betamed
03/30/2011, 08:58 PM
I'd just stick with the two fish in a 14g

i have a 14 gal reef tank with a swalesi basslet,about an inch long, and i just went to the LFS today and picked up a yellow banded possum wrasse, hes about the size of a quarter, and the store has another one still there. wondering if anyone has had any experience with having two. i read somewhere that they can change sex but wanted to ask on here first. any help will be appreciated. thanks.

snorvich
03/30/2011, 09:04 PM
I'd just stick with the two fish in a 14g

Agreed. Also, I don't think possum wrasses are good together.

Sigmund
03/31/2011, 12:10 PM
Agree with everyone above. I had mine for a long time in a 10 gallon, it is now in my 150 gallon, also with a swalesi. Have had my possum for about 4 years, fights his reflection in the mirror every evening, not a good sign when you are talking about 2 in a 14 gallon tank.

Great fish though, should not have any problem with him with anything else.

snorvich
03/31/2011, 03:27 PM
Great fish though, should not have any problem with him with anything else.

I agree. Excellent fish.