PDA

View Full Version : Help! Anemone

Trident7
03/30/2011, 08:41 PM
Hey guys I am new to the hobby. I bought a Bubble Tip Anemone roughly 3 weeks ago and it shrunk to 1/3 the size. It looks reeeeeaaaalllyyy sick! Some tips are shriveled some arent. He is acting really funny. He has been doing really well. I asked the guy at the fish store and he said they do that from time to time. Can someone help me out with this I dont want him to die :sad2:

Thanks a lot guys!

cgauer5
03/30/2011, 10:26 PM
Has it been moving or staying put?

Trident7
03/30/2011, 11:26 PM
Hes Moving here and there. He doesnt look like hes getting better.

Trident7
03/31/2011, 06:38 AM
Im not too familiar with Anemones but i did some more research and it is a Sebae Anemone. I dont know if it falls in the bubble tip family or not either way its not looking good. I woke up this morning and it was moving and still alive but shriveled and small. I hope he pulls through!

bues0022
03/31/2011, 06:55 AM
Pictures?
Tank parameters (with numbers)?
size of tank?
age of tank?
Other inhabitants (any other nems?)
lighting (wattage, type, individual reflectors, age of bulbs, color of bulbs)
Pictures?
Pictures?

jimmy_beaner
03/31/2011, 07:41 AM
From research I've done, Sebaes are harder to keep than BTAs. If it's your first anemone, you may consider trading it in for a BTA. If your tank parameters aren't stable, it won't go well either way.

bradleym
03/31/2011, 09:31 AM
Pictures?
Tank parameters (with numbers)?
size of tank?
age of tank?
Other inhabitants (any other nems?)
lighting (wattage, type, individual reflectors, age of bulbs, color of bulbs)
Pictures?
Pictures?

+1

Also, if it's a white sebae it was already sick and really not a good first anemone.

jestr
03/31/2011, 10:03 AM
Def what lights are you running?? And I agree with above.. ask your lfs tons of questions next time and then put it up against researching online some times lfs push stuff to much instead of really teaching there customers

cgauer5
03/31/2011, 08:46 PM
Def what lights are you running?? And I agree with above.. ask your lfs tons of questions next time and then put it up against researching online some times lfs push stuff to much instead of really teaching there customers

This is definitely good advice. I have had a couple compatibility issues that some former employees at my LFS suggested just to push sales. You really have to learn who you can trust when it comes to livestock. That is why I always go to the same guy now, he knows my tank and what I am trying to do with it.