PDA

View Full Version : Nano cube?

Shovelman
03/31/2011, 11:52 PM
Found a new 29 gallon oceanic biocube on craigslist fo 150$

Anyone have any experience with these plug and play systems?
Ive allways liked their design, and the mini sump on the back seemed reasonable as long as you stock somewhat lightly.
Is it worth looking into?

THE ROOK
04/01/2011, 06:24 AM
Get it. Certainly worth the money. I have a 75 gallon reef for the last few years. grabbed a 29 biocube last summer for my bedroom. It rocks. Couldn't be happier.

Chris27
04/01/2011, 07:28 AM
If easy is your game then get it, but if you like to tinker, build a system from the ground up.

Most folks get those things and modify them to all hell.....makes no sense....why buy something just to chop it up?

Shovelman
04/01/2011, 08:28 AM
thanks for the replys! i accidentally typed in nano cube as the title...hahah oh well. My idea for my first reef tank was to use my current 20 tall and put a 10 gallon sump underneath, but im now contemplating moving to a simple design that the biocube offers, because quite frankly, as a newbie to salt water, all the brands and different kinds of this and that can be quite a head ache. So what im thinking is the biocube will provide an easy begginers package, and from that i can base my next fish tank off of the flaws and posatives of the biocube......or maybe im just overthinking everything too much hahaha i cant tell!

THE ROOK
04/01/2011, 09:30 AM
The 29 biocube is a great 1st reef tank. bi-weekly water 5 gallon water changes takes care of most issues. Just need a Koralia nano powerhead & a couple pieces of good live rock & you're up & running. Has plenty of light of easy (soft) corals.

Trust me I started the hard (expensive) way. If it turns out that reefing isn't for you, you won't lose a dime on that tank. I'd lose tons if I sold.

reeferdale
04/01/2011, 12:54 PM
I have a 29 cube upstairs. It is a great tank and I have a lot of stff in it (SPS, LPS, Softies). I have the 150W HQI lighting. I just pull stuff from my 270 gallon display and load it into the nano. For the price, I would buy it ASAP. Even if you change your mind, you could sell it for more than 150.00