PDA

View Full Version : JBJ Ocean Pulse..

Jdbrine
04/03/2011, 06:42 PM
I was just wondering who out there has any experience with the JBJ Ocean Pulse Dual Wavemaker???? Likes, Dislikes.... Any info would be much appreciated..

hypnoj
04/03/2011, 08:22 PM
i have one running on my 80 gallon cube with 2 Korallia 1400's, and I have no complaints. The JBJ is cheap and does a really good job.

allsps40
04/04/2011, 08:02 AM
I also want to know about this. I will also be using it on Korallia's. Does it hard start the pumps or soft start?? Does it make a good wave?

mattiej
04/04/2011, 08:44 AM
I am using the dual wavemaker with the ocean stream pumps. They are absolutely silent and seem to start soft. They move a lot of water in a very diffuse way. My only complaint is that, like the Koralias, are very large and obtrusive in the tank. I would think the Koralais would work well on this controller.

hypnoj
04/04/2011, 09:28 AM
my new korallia's evo's (1400's) are small; they're as small as my old Korallia nano's. But man are these things powerful. I think these do hard start. For the first couple days they "clicked" when they first turned on. Now they "click" only every 10th the time on or so, I don't really notice it. I've had the sicce voyagers, which I liked a lot, but they are twice as expensive and much bigger. All other power heads also consume a lot more electricity. So, I don't give the korallia's 5 stars, but I give them a solid 4 stars.