PDA

View Full Version : Gigantea anemone

trueblackpercula
04/08/2011, 04:08 AM
i have checked every place i could looking for a S.Gigantea with no luck. can someone please tell me whats the best place to buy a anemone from? Many thanks and yes i checked reefcentral vendors list.

elegance coral
04/08/2011, 05:14 AM
IMHO, the best place is your LFS, so you can judge the health of the animals before purchase. The second would be LA's Divers Den, but they are sold very quickly on that site.

this is me
04/08/2011, 07:39 AM
I also agree with going with the lfs route. My lfs do get them once in a while. You can see it with your own eyes and decide whether if you want to bring it home or not. I have not bought any anemone online. Just the shipping cost alone would get me a nice gig at my lfs. You just have to be patience with the lfs. But it will certainly pays off when you get there at the right time.

If you really really REALLY want one and don't mind the price. Give Bob at ibluewater.com a call. I talked to him and he quarantine his gigantea for over a month before shipping it out. He seems to know what he's doing.

BonsaiNut
04/08/2011, 08:22 AM
Sadly, I would now say LFS.

Great online source used to be CQuarium, but I believe they are out of business....

Tofumushrooman
04/08/2011, 01:31 PM
I believe Cquarium is now out of business... wish they werent they always had EXCEPTIONAL livestock and knew what they were doing :-(

deangelr
04/08/2011, 02:32 PM
From reviews of people here on RC the guy "golden basket" on ebay sells and ships nice specimens... Havent experienced it myself though..

R33f3r
08/06/2011, 05:09 PM
+1 on ibluewater.com (awesome guy). I won't buy gigs online anymore due to high mortality rates.