PDA

View Full Version : A.omenensis finally here!

unbelievable
04/08/2011, 06:42 PM
Most people have never even heard of these clownfish because they have never been collected before due to strict exportation restrictions. Ibluewater.com has the fish on their site under clownfish and its about 2/3 of the way down the page. How cool would that be knowing ur the only person in the WORLD that has these fish. Pretty insane if u ask me that's RARE! Just thought is share.

this is me
04/08/2011, 06:50 PM
I dont think they actually have it in stock. But if you really want it, they go find it for you.

unbelievable
04/08/2011, 06:53 PM
I dont think they actually have it in stock. But if you really want it, they go find it for you.

Incorrect. They do have a single fish currently going through qt.

this is me
04/08/2011, 07:14 PM
Oh. Nice! There's no price on the site that's why I thought it wasn't in stock.

unbelievable
04/08/2011, 07:24 PM
Oh. Nice! There's no price on the site that's why I thought it wasn't in stock.

No worries brotha. I did a double take as well. LOL. Email for price means its to expensive for me.

this is me
04/08/2011, 07:31 PM
I've talked with Bob at Ibluewater.com before about giganteas and he seems to know what he's doing. His price is high because he quarantine the anemone for over a month before sending it out. You actually would have to wait for the quarantine process to be finished.

unbelievable
04/08/2011, 07:35 PM
I do know about their qt process. That is impressive to say the least. I would gladly pay more for a fish knowing its been taken care of like that. Not too many places care about their fish like this.

ezhoops
04/08/2011, 09:31 PM
I've talked with Bob at Ibluewater.com before about giganteas and he seems to know what he's doing. His price is high because he quarantine the anemone for over a month before sending it out. You actually would have to wait for the quarantine process to be finished.

I'm waiting for a pair to come out of QT from Bob

unbelievable
04/08/2011, 09:42 PM
I'm waiting for a pair to come out of QT from Bob

A pair of what?

Samcro
04/08/2011, 11:26 PM
I got my Chrysopterus from Bob. he is a great guy. I ordered a pair of Tricinctus, but they never made it past QT. waiting for another pair.

elegance coral
04/09/2011, 05:44 AM
I'll believe this when there are pic's or video of the fish in captivity. There's quite a few top shelf critters on that site. I highly doubt they have all of them in stock at one time.

unbelievable
04/09/2011, 07:36 AM
I'll believe this when there are pic's or video of the fish in captivity. There's quite a few top shelf critters on that site. I highly doubt they have all of them in stock at one time.

apparently I can't spell. The correct spelling is A. Omanensis. There are pictures of this fish on another forum which I cannot like. Just do a Google search to see for yourself.

unbelievable
04/09/2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.ibluewater.com/library.html

Toddrtrex
04/09/2011, 07:53 AM
A minor thing I noticed on that site, but something that really annoys me,

A. Percula (True Percula) Hosting a Saddle Carpet Anemone

The anemone does the hosting, not the clowns, it should read "...being hosted by a..."

BonsaiNut
04/09/2011, 08:23 AM
I'll believe this when there are pic's or video of the fish in captivity.

+1

The title of this thread is extremely misleading. Referring to a stock reference photo on a site is no indication of availability. Someone may have a fish or invert at some point, and then use a photo of the specimen years after it has been sold.

unbelievable
04/09/2011, 09:01 AM
+1

The title of this thread is extremely misleading. Referring to a stock reference photo on a site is no indication of availability. Someone may have a fish or invert at some point, and then use a photo of the specimen years after it has been sold.

The title of the thread is true, the stock photo might make you think twice about the truth behind it but I can assure you there is a single specimen at ibluewater.com currently going through his qt process. As stated before Google A. Omanensis and another forum will come up with pictures.

BonsaiNut
04/09/2011, 09:18 AM
I can assure you there is a single specimen at ibluewater.com

Cool! I am assuming you work there? You've seen the clown in person? Post some photos! Don't be shy - we'd love to see them!

I am being sarcastic :) If Bob over at iBluewater has a new fish, I'm sure it would be better to say "Bob says he has a new fish - check it out" and post a link. Your thread makes it sound like you own this fish, or that it is in your personal possession.

Just saying...

unbelievable
04/09/2011, 10:15 AM
Cool! I am assuming you work there? You've seen the clown in person? Post some photos! Don't be shy - we'd love to see them!

I am being sarcastic :) If Bob over at iBluewater has a new fish, I'm sure it would be better to say "Bob says he has a new fish - check it out" and post a link. Your thread makes it sound like you own this fish, or that it is in your personal possession.

Just saying...

LOL I don't work there nor do I have the fish. I suppose I should have put here as in the USA. If something says email for price its outta my league. I was only posting this because I believe this is the first of its kind to be in captivity here in the US. As you can see from my first post I never said anything about owning the fish but i did say where it was at. Hope that clears things up.

msman825
04/10/2011, 10:57 AM
+1

The title of this thread is extremely misleading. Referring to a stock reference photo on a site is no indication of availability. Someone may have a fish or invert at some point, and then use a photo of the specimen years after it has been sold. I agree. maybe bob will climb in and show us

criccio
04/10/2011, 12:14 PM
The Oman's is pictured in the link unbelievable provided. It's the juvy in their QT with the heater.

this is me
04/10/2011, 12:33 PM
Well, some of you just have to call and ask for yourself if you don't believe it's available!

elegance coral
04/10/2011, 12:34 PM
It does appear as though they do indeed have one. I would like to know how they acquired this fish. Did they get it from Japan?????????

this is me
04/10/2011, 12:52 PM
Here is a picture I found after googling omanesis on ibluewater. Looks like the real deal in QT.
http://www.ibluewater.com/uploads/2/8/0/2/2802779/8573773.png

this is me
04/10/2011, 12:52 PM
Here is a picture I found after googling omanesis on ibluewater. Looks like the real deal in QT.
http://www.ibluewater.com/uploads/2/8/0/2/2802779/8573773.png

Rockys_Pride
04/10/2011, 01:04 PM
Here is a picture I found after googling omanesis on ibluewater.
http://http://www.ibluewater.com/uploads/2/8/0/2/2802779/8573773.png

seems like your link is broken, from iblue site http://www.ibluewater.com/uploads/2/8/0/2/2802779/2935454.jpg?1666611

unbelievable
04/10/2011, 08:53 PM
Just found out that fish is going to Sissy, a breeder in the Chicago land area!