PDA

View Full Version : tryin to get my maroon to host, need pic totapeon tank,cant find a clearone on google

new2reefin101
04/08/2011, 08:49 PM
i heard about people taping pictures of clowns in anemones to there tank to get there clown to host,we need a list of pics of diferent clowns in different anemones, lol cuz i cant find a good clear pic of a maroon white stripe, andthe guy at the fish store sold me aq hot long tenticle non bubble tip.... and i told him it was for my clown and i heard that clowns dont like the"hot" anemones and mostly like the bubble tips, is this true? ifeel dumb cuz at the lfs i asked the guy, what about thatanemone, and he said, "thats a hot one" and i thought he ment like hot item, like alot of people have been buying it,i dint realize hement hot as in will shock u tell i was gettin shocked by it while moving it lol

bradam
04/09/2011, 12:09 PM
Not sure what you mean by a "aq hot" anemone

My maroon took about 5 minutes... maybe 6 tops to find and start brushing the green bubble tip anemone. Couple hours she was laying in it. Now I bet I could stick my hand in the tank at nighttime and just snatch her out of it if I really wanted to.

Every fish is different, all you can do is give her some time and see what happens.

yerboy
04/09/2011, 12:18 PM
no idea what a "hot" is but if you want a pic of a whitestripe maroon hosting then feel free to use any of mine
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/yerboy71/CIMG1332.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/yerboy71/CIMG1333.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/yerboy71/CIMG1327.jpg

BonsaiNut
04/09/2011, 04:27 PM
Try a mirror. Put a small mirror in your tank right next to the anemone.

trueblackpercula
04/09/2011, 11:04 PM
Try a mirror. Put a small mirror in your tank right next to the anemone.
what deos this do?

Catchoftheday
04/10/2011, 12:12 AM
Here is a pic of my WSM and my GSM

holmstar
04/11/2011, 03:20 PM
i heard about people taping pictures of clowns in anemones to there tank to get there clown to host,we need a list of pics of diferent clowns in different anemones, lol cuz i cant find a good clear pic of a maroon white stripe, andthe guy at the fish store sold me aq hot long tenticle non bubble tip.... and i told him it was for my clown and i heard that clowns dont like the"hot" anemones and mostly like the bubble tips, is this true? ifeel dumb cuz at the lfs i asked the guy, what about thatanemone, and he said, "thats a hot one" and i thought he ment like hot item, like alot of people have been buying it,i dint realize hement hot as in will shock u tell i was gettin shocked by it while moving it lol

I know that this is *just* an internet forum, but please do try to use full sentences and correct spelling. The above is just plain brutal to read. :confused:

BTW: If you download and install Firefox, it will spell-check for you. :beer:

new2reefin101
04/11/2011, 04:59 PM
lol my space bar doesnt work for crap.... and if u cant read slang then your....

BonsaiNut
04/11/2011, 05:21 PM
what deos this do?

It may or may not have any effect - I think it just depends on the fish. Some of my clowns were attracted to their images in a mirror... some of them got aggressive and tried to attack their images. Either way they were curious, and it might help attract them to your anemone or keep them in the area.

Asureef
04/11/2011, 10:02 PM
Try showing them a video, I showed mines a video of a clown hosting a rbta on youtube on my iPhone and they went nuts. Though, still no hosting. :sad2:

new2reefin101
04/11/2011, 10:40 PM
ok... sorry, i read my message back and it was hard to read, its the dam space bar i tell you lol, new keyboard too... but i have great news, iput your pic up yerboy and i kid you not, my maroon clown was in the anemone. I think that the fish store guy was right, cuz i returned the long tenticle hot nem and put in a nice big bubble tip and 2 days later hes going crazy in it.. nice :) whats next lol, i would post a pic but cant figure out how yet:(

deangelr
04/12/2011, 09:32 AM
Well a bubble tip is the maroons prefered natural host. LTAs are not a natural host for maroon clowns in the wild.. (although I know this is at least relatively common in captivity)

Just noticing that most of the threads here on RC where people are having trouble getting the clowns to play hostee are when there is an unnatural symbiont as a host.. anyone else notice that?

jam05pr
04/12/2011, 09:38 AM
It's rather funny but I did try many of these methods and spent quite a bit of my time to get my one clown to enter the anemone. At the end of the day, he/she dove in after I bought another clown. I know this wont help those with a pair already.

elegance coral
04/12/2011, 11:02 AM
Just noticing that most of the threads here on RC where people are having trouble getting the clowns to play hostee are when there is an unnatural symbiont as a host.. anyone else notice that?

I've seen the same thing in my own tanks. They typically go into their natural host rather quickly. Surrogate hosts don't seem to have the same appeal.