PDA

View Full Version : lighting help..

tiggertoe
04/09/2011, 02:18 AM
Hey all.. Ive been searching through the forums for the last 2 days, and i cant find what im looking for...basically is there something i can read to help with lighting??? as in times, bulbs, watt, and so forth...

I have a (getting) a 4ftx18x24 size tank (310litres/75-80 gallons), i have brought a 8 tube T5 fluo lighting system.. 4 switches-2 bulbs per switch for total control..Now i want to know or find out how many Actinic bulbs, sunlight bulbs etc etc to use, and the timing of them. I want to create dust to dawn environment/recreate the reef...
I will making a reef tank.. A mix of corals and fishies.. And in the corals..Lps, soft and some but not many sps.. thats if possible..Im not new but i am in away. As i want to do this right.. knowing where to put the corals for them to survival. What i can and cant buy and so on... i have had a marine tank for the last 3 yrs, but it was my GF's tank.. and she pretty much failed to some degree... I have coming a bigger tank and new stuff coming and now i want information so i can do it right and make it like it should be...

Cheers...

tkeracer619
04/09/2011, 05:11 PM
As far as lighting goes ask in the T5 Q&A thread.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706461&page=399

I suggest reading all you can on the site and research anything you do before you do it.