PDA

View Full Version : Having tons of problems getting myReef 2.0 running for my RKE.

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 09:23 PM
Having tons of problems getting myReef 2.0 running for my RKE.

This is an email I sent to Digital Aquatics:

First of all I would like to report what I think is a bug. I seemed to have loaded myReef with a little of the screen cut-off on the right side. I never did see the "Program" button.

OK here's what's happening when I try to update my hardware's firmware: using the software download provided in the link in the message below I followed the step-by-step digital instructions called: Using myReef 2.0 beta for the first time. I was able to install the program using the instruction steps 1 through 6 with no problems. On step #7, clicking on the "Update" button did nothing. I assumed my SID was fully updated. Step #8 starts out saying: " Click the "Program" button "? Well there is no Program button on my little myReef screen. What can you do for me? I need to use my RKE now.This is the email they shot back:

Just to clarify, where did you find that set of instructions? The one present on the same Forum page is listed as "Using myReef 2.0 for the first time."

What type of PC are you using myReef 2.0 on? The myReef 2.0 system requirements list that you need at least a screen resolution of 800x600. We've seen some customers using netbook computers experience this issue.I have a Dell with Windows Vista and I don't know how to check my screen resolution. No netbook here.

I can't get much help through emailing DA let alone using their support forum.

Virtuoso
04/12/2011, 09:53 PM
Not trying to be rude but your original email to them was not the most pleasant. To check your screen resolution on Vista you should be able to right click on your desktop background and do "properties" or something along those lines. I am on my phone and do not have a PC near. A quick Google should be able to show you.

And not that I know anything about their software or hardware, but generally a beta is a test version. If you get easily frustrated or are not very proficient with computers I would use a more stable release.

Not saying it is you, from what I can tell the software in this hobby is atrocious.

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 10:12 PM
Not saying it is you, from what I can tell the software in this hobby is atrocious.
:thumbsup:

EverettReef
04/12/2011, 10:16 PM
Do you know if you are running the beta or production release of MyReef? If you start up MyReef 2.0, what Build is listed if you click on About, then About? I'm running Version 2.0 Build 71.

In the left navigation area, when you click on the SID, it will tell you the revision of the firmware on the SID and the latest released revision of the firmware on the main section of the screen. On mine, both are 2.08. Is there any chance you have a 1.0 SID? The Version of the SID is on the SID. If it is not 2.0, it must be sent to DA for them to upgrade.

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 10:19 PM
Not trying to be rude but your original email to them was not the most pleasant.
To let you know, the two above quotes is a series of emails going back and forth where nothing has been accomplished. Digital Aquatics does not have very good customer service.

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 10:28 PM
Tomorrow I will check on which production release of myReef I have.

The Version of the SID is on the SID. If it is not 2.0, it must be sent to DA for them to upgrade.
Yes, my SID is 2.0 and clearly marked so. I just upgraded a couple months back .

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 10:50 PM
Do you know if you are running the beta or production release of MyReef? If you start up MyReef 2.0, what Build is listed if you click on About, then About? I'm running Version 2.0 Build 71.
I have myReef Version 2.0 build 71 also.

gimme?
04/12/2011, 10:51 PM
Can you provide a link to where you got the d/l of it?

TapTalk....bleh!

cherubfish pair
04/12/2011, 10:55 PM
Can you provide a link to where you got the d/l of it?

TapTalk....bleh!
d/l ?

Tat2demon
04/13/2011, 12:14 AM
download

cherubfish pair
04/13/2011, 06:29 AM
download
http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=7885

This link is to a page where the file for downloading is located.

You have to be a registered member to view/download the file. Registering is easy.

EverettReef
04/13/2011, 11:01 AM
What is happening when you click Update? On mine, it brings up a screen with Clear, Verfiy, and Program buttons in the bottom right.

Also, have you been able to verify that you are running 800x600 or higher on your monitor?

Harry_Y
04/13/2011, 05:19 PM
Have you Tried support.digitalaquatics.com

allsps40
04/13/2011, 05:48 PM
I am also having problems. I downloaded myReef and plugged my SID into my PC but nothing happens, opened myReef and status is Not Detected. I cant even find an update button at all.

cherubfish pair
04/13/2011, 09:21 PM
What is happening when you click Update? On mine, it brings up a screen with Clear, Verfiy, and Program buttons in the bottom right.
clicking on the Update button brings me nothing.

cherubfish pair
04/13/2011, 09:25 PM
Is there a difference in the RKE and RKL SIDs? I upgraded to RKE only on the head unit. Maybe I traded in for an RKL SID.

EverettReef
04/13/2011, 09:57 PM
A SID is a SID. What version of firmware is your SID running today?

I'd shoot them an email every day. I got my RKL at Christmas and had a problem with a PC4. It took a couple of emails to get them to respond mainly because they were off for a week and in catch up mode. They were very good at resolving the problem. I live 20 minutes from headquarters, so I was able to save time in getting the problem PC4 to them by dropping it off myself.

Good luck. When the controller is up and running it is worth the effort. I do understand your fustration.

Harry_Y
04/13/2011, 10:00 PM
Is there a difference in the RKE and RKL SIDs? I upgraded to RKE only on the head unit. Maybe I traded in for an RKL SID.

The SID will work with either model, Your SID needs to be V2 to work with myReef

The best answers can be found here: http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/