PDA

View Full Version : Need help. What model is this ETS skimmer?

itchyhand
04/14/2011, 11:28 PM
Hi. I've got this skimmer given by my good friend.
I supposed it is an ETSS skimmer cos it got the label ETS.
Does anyone know what is the model?
Trying to figure out how to adjust the water & air ratio.

Here is the pic. Thanks.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/waterbottle_23/DSCF0117-1.jpg

Wolfgang
04/15/2011, 04:46 AM
Looks like a Gen 1 Reef Devil. You could contact Gary @ Etss and find out for sure.
-Wolfgang

itchyhand
04/15/2011, 04:52 AM
Looks like a Gen 1 Reef Devil. You could contact Gary @ Etss and find out for sure.
-Wolfgangthank you for the info. I'll contact gary to confirm n find out how to adjuat the ratio. I took the skimmer out n install pvc pipin to convert out of sump. Change pump from ehiem 1262 to aquabee 2000. My project failed. No bubbles at all.

dwa_jeff
04/15/2011, 06:21 AM
Nice gift.... (jealous) ETSS skimmers do an amazing job. With the older reef devils the bubbles are created from the water crashing against some small bioballs in the down draft tubes behind your skimmer body. If the aquabee is not producing enough pressure to cause the water to crash properly then I would have to assume you either a) need a stronger pump, or b) reduce the amount of tubing (i.e. head pressure) to get a little more juice out of it. Also make sure the air intake is clear and sucking air... again this is dependent on the flow rates going down the tubes. Hope you get it working properly. A fine tuned ETSS is a great skimmer.