PDA

View Full Version : Zoa Spider!!

endlessblue
04/15/2011, 11:19 PM
It's after 1am....and I found the zoa eating spider in my small colony. I lost a dozen or so heads but with help from RC search sure enough I found a spider and removed it.

Now it seems to have layed egges on some closed zoa, what should I do?

Also I don't see any other infected colonies and I have over 10 different zoa, what is the likelihood there are more?

Thanks to the people that post their problems and ID with pics, that's how I found out what was happening. This hobby is a never ending learning processes but the force is strong on RC.

SIR PATRICK
04/16/2011, 10:17 PM
I would gently scrape off the eggs with a toothpick or tooth brush, then give it a good rince in saltwater, or possibly a dip, before returning the frag to the tank.

Sar
04/17/2011, 06:10 AM
I saw those in my buddy tank. We waited until the lights was off and then turn on a black light and then took them out with our hands

mallorieGgator
04/17/2011, 08:36 AM
I would take out the zoas and scrape the eggs off of the polyps. Then I would give them a dip in revive coral dip.

philosophile
04/17/2011, 09:20 AM
+1 to all the above... Plus, dip them again in a week, and inspect for eggs again. Repeat until you're sure they're gone.

endlessblue
04/20/2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks guys will do the remaining eggs seem to have turned a dark brown colour from the first dip. I'll scrap them off thanks

mallorieGgator
04/20/2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah make sure take the eggs off bc them turning brown could mean they are close to hatching.