PDA

View Full Version : My freebie

mr9iron
04/17/2011, 08:24 AM
I picked up a new to me, 110 gallon reef ready, Oceanic tank with the 75 pro series sump and two Iwaki pumps. Long story short a couple the wife and I ate dinner with at a Hibachi grill struck up a conversation about aquariums about a year and a half ago. They told me that had a reef tank and invited us over to see it. It was a beauty to say the least. Well, he called me the other day and said that they were remodeling their house and that the tank needed to go and he would give me first dibs on it. I asked him what he wanted and he told me that if I came and got it, it was free.:beer: When I got off work Friday the wife, kids and I drove up and picked up the new tank and of course, went to dinner with that couple again.

I got the tank home and have it all cleaned up and have to figure out what is next. I have always been a nano reefer and this is my first big tank. So, I'm looking for ideas on setting up the tank. I found RocketEngineers DIY plans for the stand and will most likely start there. As for lighting, I'm not sure yet. I would like to keep a mixed reef with mostly LPS, softies and some of the easier SPS. I will want a really good skimmer as well. This will be a very slow build and I will buy pieces at a time. I do know that I will want another Vortech, as I had the MP10 in my nano and that thing rocked. I will also want another Tunze Osmolator for the ATO. Other than that, I'm up for suggestions.:bounce3:

mr9iron
04/17/2011, 09:23 AM
Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

CUZ
04/17/2011, 09:25 AM
Nice deal!!!
free trumps all!!

mr9iron
04/17/2011, 09:25 AM
http://tapa.tk/mu/4b862ef6-067e-7dc7.jpg

mr9iron
04/17/2011, 09:26 AM
Nice deal!!!
free trumps all!!

I hear that!

dave.m
04/17/2011, 10:14 AM
A free 110 gal! That would make a great sump on the Large Tank (180+) forum. ;)

Dave.M

BCT182
04/17/2011, 10:30 AM
Are you going to set it up as a peninsula? I always love that look. Makes for a sweet room devider, and lots on real estate for frags. :)

prop-frags
04/17/2011, 10:47 AM

Dave.M

:lolspin:

mr9iron
04/17/2011, 12:27 PM

Dave.M

Hmm, well what qualifies as a large tank for this particular forum. I have always had nanos so this is a large tank for me.:lol:

Are you going to set it up as a peninsula? I always love that look. Makes for a sweet room devider, and lots on real estate for frags. :)

No, it's more than likely going in the wall, since I have a utility room downstairs that would work great as a sump room.