PDA

View Full Version : g smithii being antisocial

joenels
04/18/2011, 10:58 AM
Have had him about 5 weeks now.the first couple of weeks he was busy but out and about a fair bit.the past week I was sure he was molting as he had himself blocked up in his burrow and did not come out at all...but I was not home until evening all week.This saturday he came out for a while but went back in and closed up his burrow about 2pm in the afternoon.Back out sunday morning...then again right back into the burrow and sealed up before 2pm.tank all tests good except for low alk which I tried to raise slowly for a couple days then decided to leave alone when I realized he may be molting.Any ideas?Not sure of his age but he is around 2 inches and very pretty...has the red intersegmentals and red on his raptors as well.Lighting is cheapo round mini-flourescents from lowes I think they are 9 watts each and there are two of them.

JothamTheSlayer
04/18/2011, 12:35 PM
Might not of molted yet. I'd just leave him be, put some live stuff in there for him to nom on.

doubleohwhat
04/18/2011, 07:45 PM
Where did you happen to run across the little guy? I've been trying to find a g smithi for a while now.

joenels
04/18/2011, 08:00 PM
He was marked as a peacock at a lfs here...went home to double check than raced back up there to grab him once I was sure.purple meral spots were the clincher.he was listed at $45 which is a good price for either species and I had store credit there that more than covered him.Just hope he is okay...this afternoon when I got home he was sealed up tight but was apparently remodeling as I heard quite a few loud clicks coming from in there which I have not heard for about a week or so.

othercents
04/19/2011, 12:24 AM
Loud clicks after a molt means that their shell is hardening and almost ready to join the living.