PDA

View Full Version : Making new order

BlueTrig
04/18/2011, 04:26 PM
Hey everyone I'm making a new order online and I have some questions my tank is a 75 gallon with these contents

Male and female blue jaw triggers (3 inches)
Yellow tang (4 inches)
Blue devil and honey damsels (1inch)
1 fighting conch

I'm looking to add these
15 blue leg hermits
4 Scarlet hermits
5 tonga Nassarius snails
1 Snowflake eel (10 inch)
1 tonga fighting conch

I need to add a little bit more to fill out shipping I'm just worried about shocking the system. I've seen very conflicting evidence about how much cuc to add at once. So how many more of each can I add for adding at once without killing my system and keeping my tank clean? Also what else would you suggest? And for you people who hate hermits... I wish I could add a bigger one I'm just afraid of losing fish and the SFE eating them.

dmastracchio
04/18/2011, 07:31 PM
Pretty sure your triggers are going to eat any invert you put in that tank.

TriGgEr HAppY
04/18/2011, 07:36 PM
Pretty sure your triggers are going to eat any invert you put in that tank.

+1 lol

BlueTrig
04/18/2011, 08:02 PM
Blue jaws are a little bit safer I do have a few straggling hermits and that conch that is 3 inches in there and they are fine

TriGgEr HAppY
04/18/2011, 08:45 PM
Yea but its still risky you already have the hermits in there before you put the triggers in right? Because when i had my huma trigger i had a few hermits already in their too, i bought some nassrious snails , i put one in, then less then 2 secs the trigger devoured it. I never put in in after that

BlueTrig
04/18/2011, 09:44 PM
I had a huma in the tank for a few days and took him back to the store because he actively spit up sand and flipping hermits and snails. I added my conch not too long ago and going great and the hermits are all good. The blue jaw is typically the most easy going trigger of them all most considering them reef safe when almost all others are not.

I'm just looking for some advice id like some clean up crew but how am I looking at fish wise I think I'm good but is there anything that might work? Any help is much appreciated

BlueTrig
04/19/2011, 04:40 AM
Anyone

NatalieD
04/19/2011, 09:03 AM
That is a TON of bioload to be adding to that tank period, but especially all at once and to a new tank. Your tank is honestly too small for that pair of triggers even if they were by themselves, same for the YT too. I can't comment on requirements for he snowflake eel... I think you're better without him since you already have big eaters in a small 75 gal tank.

Good luck.

Flaring Afro
04/19/2011, 09:23 AM
Get a fuzzy chiton. I wouldn't think triggers would mess with it, although I don't know too much about triggers.

NatalieD
04/19/2011, 11:27 AM
Well, what specifically are you looking for this CUC to do? Certain types/locations of clean up? Sand stirring?

BlueTrig
04/19/2011, 02:09 PM
Sand stirring and come hermits to just pick off old food. The tank in a year and a half old I was just wondering if the inverts add bioload to the tank too? I don't know what I'm going to be doing now arg any suggestions?

Flaring Afro
04/19/2011, 02:23 PM
Anything that eats and poops adds to the bioload. You could possibly try a hermit or 2 and put them in at night where the fish isn't paying attention (so it isn't being dropped in like their regular food) and see if they go after it once they see it.

They might leave a very large turbo snail alone too, or they might torture it until it dies (if you don't return it). Fish are individual and you never know. That's all I can think of. I guess you could also get a tunneling fish for sand stirring, as long as the rock isn't just sitting on the top of the sand (or it could fall and crack your glass).