PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody reccomend a good pair of Gloves!?

Reefahholic
04/22/2011, 12:42 PM
Want something that holds up and that will protect my hands from stings.

Anyone have a pair they really like or know of sombody who really likes theirs?

thebanker
04/22/2011, 01:22 PM
Try the Coralife aquarium gloves for handling large items in the tank. They're red and blue and will protect you from sharp sea urchin points, bitey clownfish, and other hazards of the reef hobby.

Not good for handling small fragile things though, or if you have an aquarium dominated by fragile pieces of SPS.

Virtuoso
04/22/2011, 01:46 PM
Try the Coralife aquarium gloves for handling large items in the tank. They're red and blue and will protect you from sharp sea urchin points, bitey clownfish, and other hazards of the reef hobby.

Not good for handling small fragile things though, or if you have an aquarium dominated by fragile pieces of SPS.

+1

I have these and they have been really good. Just getting started and have not had to handle anything too fragile yet, so I cannot comment there. They are thicker gloves so I imagine it would be a bit awkward like thebanker said.

jp634
04/22/2011, 01:47 PM
go to a farm and ranch store and ask for poly-pro testing gloves. they are disposable and not expensive no worry of them rotting out. you can still feel things when you work with corals.

vitodog
04/22/2011, 02:20 PM
The "Filter Guys". Long, flexible and 100 gloves in the package. And did I say cheap?

greech
04/22/2011, 02:35 PM
Nitrile gloves should work fine and still have great dexterity. Might not hold up to a pin cushion urchin should you grab it the wrong way but bristle worms should not be an issue.

Reefahholic
04/22/2011, 02:54 PM
Ok thanks guys!

skidoll
04/22/2011, 02:59 PM
I have the coralife gloves, and they work okay, but are definitely made for a man's hands. My hands are way too small and I have no manual dexterity. I wish they made smaller sizes!