PDA

View Full Version : Arduino Newbie....need alittle help learning.

liquidarts
04/22/2011, 03:41 PM
So coming back into reefing after a very long time away my first thought was about LED Lighting and being able to automatically control it.And i've come across some very interesting threads that's still beyond my grasp.But however I did find a thread by katchupoy which is fairly simple in "code" I still can't understand after reading for 5hours last night.I'd like to use their "sketch" but change the LCD type to this Graphic LCD4884 Shield (http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=53&product_id=347).Now to do so i'd need to remove the "#include <LiquidCrystal.h>" and replace it with "#include <font_6x8.h>
,#include <font_big.h> &#include <LCD4884.h>" as well as replacing the coding" for the "S E T U P - D I S P L A Y" portion and tweak those settings correct?

Sorry for all the questions i'm gonna ask to try and understand this,but your more than welcome to :uzi: ME....lol.

MaLi
04/23/2011, 05:22 AM
So coming back into reefing after a very long time away my first thought was about LED Lighting and being able to automatically control it.And i've come across some very interesting threads that's still beyond my grasp.But however I did find a thread by katchupoy which is fairly simple in "code" I still can't understand after reading for 5hours last night.I'd like to use their "sketch" but change the LCD type to this Graphic LCD4884 Shield (http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=53&product_id=347).Now to do so i'd need to remove the "#include <LiquidCrystal.h>" and replace it with "#include <font_6x8.h>
,#include <font_big.h> &#include <LCD4884.h>" as well as replacing the coding" for the "S E T U P - D I S P L A Y" portion and tweak those settings correct?

Sorry for all the questions i'm gonna ask to try and understand this,but your more than welcome to :uzi: ME....lol.

I wish I could help, but I don't understand your question. Post your code on reefprojects.com/forum/software and I will take a look.

cheers,
Marian

liquidarts
04/23/2011, 09:02 AM
Oh wow....sorry Mali I didn't see it removed the code from the post.But posted on reefprojects in software.Thank for helpin.