PDA

View Full Version : Chloroquine

alprazo
04/22/2011, 10:02 PM
I just wanted to share my experience with chloroquine phosphate.

I have used it for both cryptocaryon irritans and Oodinium. For both it worked well. 10 ppm for Oodinium and 12.5 ppm for crypto. The onset of action is faster for velvet. Medicine obtained from Canada seemed to have less efficacy at the same dose vs the US. The medicine has been used both in Telost fish and elasmobranches without adverse effects. It appears to be well tolerated and the biologic filtration was unaffected. It has been used in combination with praziquantil with both fish and sharks. It has also been used in combo with ciprofloxicin and cephalexin will no I'll effects in a boney fish.

All fish were treated in isolation. I do not know the effects on inverts, but I imagine that it is not good.

badstraw
04/22/2011, 10:58 PM
Hey did you mixed ciprofloxicin with chloroquine phosphate? How does it work?
Is it possible to cure a fish only by putting it in a chloroquine phosphate bath?

alprazo
04/23/2011, 07:02 AM
Yes, Cipro, chloroquine, and praziquantil were all used together in a 14 day bath with beneficial effects. An anorexic fish starting eating while undergoing the treatment. This fish appeared to have a secondary bacterial infection of the mouth in addition to a severe cryptocaryon infestation. It is approximately 2 months out and doing well.

I forgot to mention, chloroquine is dosed only once. It was added to water changes at the same 10 ppm.

Chloroquine alone, in my experience, worked both for cryptocaryon (marine ich) and oodinium (marine velvet)

ExpertMarine
11/18/2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks,