PDA

View Full Version : Hydor evolutions power heads....suck

grinner30
04/23/2011, 10:48 AM
4 power heads and they keep spinning backward even after Hydor sent out new parts. I spent an hour drying them off and applying super glue to the ring magnet that is loose.

I could have had a down payment on a Vortech for the money and the extra money would have paid for my aggravation...

-end rant

insomniac2k2
04/23/2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for posting this. Not because i have a formulated opinion on these yet, but because i had turned off my Hydor powerhead yesterday and then back on. I couldnt figure out why my tank flow was all of a sudden so different. I had not yet put it together that it could be spinning backwards. Sure enough, it was! I rarely turn mine off because it keep it below my water change line, so hopefully it wont become too much of an annoying issue :/

allsps40
04/23/2011, 12:42 PM
I just bought a Evolution 1050 and I run it on my RKL wave maker. It has never ran backwards on me. My old Korilia 2s did about 50% of the time and where loud on start up. the Evos are quite.

Fryman
04/23/2011, 03:20 PM
I bought 3 evo 750s, had them hooked up to my RKL for the past 6 months. 2 still work fine, but one of them started running backwards. I took it out and found that the anti-reverse feature on the pump cover had broken off. I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.

lucidvtec
04/23/2011, 03:25 PM
i have 2 of the new 550's they have never started backwards...not even once

super quiet

however...i cannot use them with my RKL in wavemaker mode cause like 50 percent of the time the Click when they cycle on.....

kinda wish i knew that before i bought them.....although for the price i don't think you can beat them