PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Apex connecting to AquaProject

tzzhc4
04/24/2011, 09:46 PM
I recently had a power outage and noticed some unusual traffic coming from my Netptune Apex. There were multiple TCP connections to the following IP and port. I powered off and powered on the Apex and the flood stopped but there was still a connection open. My Apex sits behind a firewall and has never been exposed directly to the Internet and when I connect to 72.167.45.171 I am prompted to log into "AquaProject". Is anyone else seeing similar traffic? Is this something Neptune is doing to collect data?:

72.167.45.171:1199 TCP

RussM
04/24/2011, 10:38 PM
In the display menu under Network Setup is an option for AquaServ; disable it. It is for a future capability.

tzzhc4
04/24/2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks, did that and the connections stopped.

rjshort
04/09/2012, 06:47 PM
I too noticed the activity as well; with this it got my attention and a quick investigation. IMO the Apex is phoning home to as.aquacontroller.com over a non-standard TCP port 1199. In the decode it appears to be getting time, yet unlike the standard Time setting protocols using UDP this thing is passing a little more traffic than just getting the time. If anyone else knows more I would also like an answer.

RussM
04/09/2012, 08:01 PM
My previous post is still valid. Just disable AquaServ, and the traffic will stop. It serves no useful purpose at this time.

And that's still all we know.... I'm sure Neptune will tell us all about it if/when the full capability becomes available.