PDA

View Full Version : 6206 wavemaker problem

drukkosz
04/26/2011, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I just got this wavemaker today and put it in my tank but it doesnt produce any waves! I see no difference with it on and off. (Its also makes a rather noisy, rhythmic sound.)

The top of the box is about 2-3 cm above the water (like the instructions say). Also, when I plug the photo cell into the controller it stops the wavemaker, even if it is directly under the light.

shawnz28
04/27/2011, 01:28 AM
Lets start with the wave. How big is your tank... length and width? One thing most do not realize is how sensitive the dial for pulse speed is. TINY adjustments are needed and will take time to find it the first time often to be patient. Also set the power supply to 24v to start as it will be easier to find the correct frequency. Start with the dial all the way counter clockwise and slowly make tiny moves of it clockwise every 15-30 seconds. You will see at some point a wave start every so slightly to then slow down and give a bit more time between each move. I would go till the wave starts growing smaller and then back up just a touch to find that highest point.

The pumps can have a bit of noise the first while till the break in, usually the hum will subside in a few days to a week or two.

drukkosz
04/27/2011, 06:33 AM
Thank you for your response. i have standard 90g RR. The power supply was set on 12V thats why i didnt have any waives. Now is set to 24V and i can see a difference.
So now the problem that i have is when the photo cell is connected it stops the pump like i said earlier even when i put it directy under the light.
thank you

rvitko
04/27/2011, 08:41 AM
The photocell only has one active side, make sure this side is up, the side that has the adhesive is down, the other side must face the light source. It must also be completely plugged in, this may require a firm push. If the photocell is plugged in while the pump is plugged in, this can lock it up, connect everything before plugging in the power.

drukkosz
04/27/2011, 07:38 PM
The photocell only has one active side, make sure this side is up, the side that has the adhesive is down, the other side must face the light source. It must also be completely plugged in, this may require a firm push. If the photocell is plugged in while the pump is plugged in, this can lock it up, connect everything before plugging in the power.

I did a "firm push" and nothing, it automatically turns the pump off. also i am using it on 24V and the biggest wave in my 90g is about half an in. I read a lot before my purchase about that wavemaker and people are able to create up to 2.5in waves in 90 gallon tanks.

drukkosz
04/27/2011, 08:46 PM
My pump is also very loud and I was going though the instructions and on page 74 i saw all the parts. when i got my wavemaker the part 2a drive unit wasnt attached to the pump it was jus lose in the box. I also have noticed that i dont have parts 2b bushing and attenuation disk. I bought it from the authorized retailer so why i have all those problems??

drukkosz
04/28/2011, 07:52 AM
Also instructions are for a controller 7092 and i received an old type of that controller 6091. I am very disappointed.

rvitko
04/28/2011, 09:40 AM
7092 is not phased in yet and won't be until July, for now all wavebox and nano wavebox still include 6091. The 7092 is still in very limited production, the circuit board has not yet been made in any real quantity.

The drive unit can come out in shipping with a strong hit, the bushing and attenuation disk sits down in the pump on the shaft and would only be visible by shining a pen light into the pump cavity, it should be there but it does not just come out. If these are missing it is not a big deal we can send you one.

The wavebox is generally noisier when new, the parts have to wear in and seat, we recommend running it at 18V for 2 weeks, this will reduce the noise during wear in. If the noise is just a hum and the bushing and attenuation disk are there this is all that is needed to solve the problem. If you could better describe the noise (click, hum, water rushing), it will help solve the problem.

Wave height is dependent on tuning and tank layout and construction. I think 2.5" in a 90 is a dream and not reality, I have never said that such a wave was possible, probably these same people exaggerate there anatomy as well. If you read my posts, I have never said more than about 1.5" is possible on a 4ft tank and in general anything more than about 2" of wave is extreme stress on the tank. You will get a wave of 3/4" to 1.5" once you hit the right frequency. Only one frequency makes a wave in a tank and maximum wave height requires the top sticks out of the tank, voltage is at 24V and that there are no rocks in the way of the output. It also requires patience to get the exact frequency, this can take 2-3 hours of trying.

I can certainly send a photocell.

drukkosz
04/28/2011, 09:51 AM
7092 is not phased in yet and won't be until July, for now all wavebox and nano wavebox still include 6091. The 7092 is still in very limited production, the circuit board has not yet been made in any real quantity.

The drive unit can come out in shipping with a strong hit, the bushing and attenuation disk sits down in the pump on the shaft and would only be visible by shining a pen light into the pump cavity, it should be there but it does not just come out. If these are missing it is not a big deal we can send you one.

The wavebox is generally noisier when new, the parts have to wear in and seat, we recommend running it at 18V for 2 weeks, this will reduce the noise during wear in. If the noise is just a hum and the bushing and attenuation disk are there this is all that is needed to solve the problem. If you could better describe the noise (click, hum, water rushing), it will help solve the problem.

Wave height is dependent on tuning and tank layout and construction. I think 2.5" in a 90 is a dream and not reality, I have never said that such a wave was possible, probably these same people exaggerate there anatomy as well. If you read my posts, I have never said more than about 1.5" is possible on a 4ft tank and in general anything more than about 2" of wave is extreme stress on the tank. You will get a wave of 3/4" to 1.5" once you hit the right frequency. Only one frequency makes a wave in a tank and maximum wave height requires the top sticks out of the tank, voltage is at 24V and that there are no rocks in the way of the output. It also requires patience to get the exact frequency, this can take 2-3 hours of trying.

I can certainly send a photocell.

Roger with all my respect, your website shows tunze 6206 with a 7092 controller even instructions that are attached in the box are for 7092!!!! so if the pic shows it and instructions are for it i would like to received the item that i paid for!!!

I did look with a flashlight and i only saw something blue and bare metal inside, no bushing etc.

If you dont have controllers that you advertise on your site in stock that you should say something. Right now its just a scam!!!! I would defiantly wait two more months instead spending right now an extra $74

rvitko
04/28/2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, and look at the price of 6091, it is more. I am sorry, but to date I have only had 60 7092 as seperate accessory come to the US. This change is planned and the old manuals were out of stock and new ones were printed before the change was made. I think saying it is a scam is a bit harsh. This is not uncommon when we are in transition on a product, we cannot print just 100 manuals, we have to print thousands, so we often have to start the printing of the next manual before the current product is out of production. If you asked, I would not have lied to you and told you it was included, I don't feel we scammed you. The website at anytime shows dozens of new products that are coming soon and we update products almost every 6 months with small changes and improvements. We could stand still and everyone would complain we don't improve or make things better and when we try to improve people complain that they bought it 3 months ago and now it is better and they want the upgrade free.

The blue is the attenuation disk, it is very small, blue rubber with a small black plastic disk in the middle. It is at the bottom of the shaft.

I will call you in some minutes.