PDA

View Full Version : Potential Stocking Inquiry

PJtree23
04/26/2011, 08:02 PM
Hi,

Thinking about adding to the stock.

This is for my 75g which is almost done re-cycling from new sand addition.

Current inhabitants:

2 baby B&W False Clowns
2 large False clowns (mated pair)
1 pajama cardinal

candy cane coral 2"
2x zoa 2" each
1x frogspawn 3-head
1xBTA 1"

Any suggestions?

I will be running any open top. So far I thought I would try and add a copper band, is that a good idea?

Thankss,

PJ

dzfish17
04/26/2011, 08:49 PM
I would add either an orchid dottyback or royal gramma to the list. You could also put a sm wrasse in there. A dwarf angel would also make a nice addition. I almost forgot that no tank is complete without a goby.

duncantse
04/26/2011, 09:06 PM
Some kind of wrasse and/or butterflyfish. Make sure the copperband butterflyfish is eating at the lfs before you buy it.

thegrun
04/26/2011, 09:18 PM
4 clowns will likely be a problem in a 75 as they mature. I would wait 6 months or so before you try an anemone, the require near perfect and stable water conditions.

SushiGirl
04/26/2011, 09:19 PM
Butterflies are known for eating corals, so that's a consideration, as well as being hard to get to take prepared foods. Angels may also eat corals. Bicolor dottybacks eat shrimp (and bristleworms). Wrasses and gobies are notorious jumpers.

Open top will really limit things, as most fish can/will jump. Maybe more open-top tank keepers will chime in, as I can't really think of any interesting non-jumpers LOL.

bracket50
04/26/2011, 09:31 PM
Replace 2 of those clowns with a goby and a blenny. Also hold off on that nem for a few months. Let the tank settle down. Be careful when you DO add one tho as a pair of clowns will easily "love" a small nem to death.