PDA

View Full Version : 3-MP40s Please recommend placement and setting

ryshark
04/26/2011, 11:12 PM
I have had 2-of the MP40w Gen2 for awhile and I just bought a new MP40wES to add as my 3rd powerhead.
I have a standard 180-gallon 72"x24"x24" tank. I have always had the 2-old MP40 on the sides(in reefcrest anti-sync) and I put the new ES in the middle.
I was thinking I would put the side Vortechs in ReefCrest Sync and then run the new ES on the back wall on its own ES program. However, I think the ES is picking up the wireless signal from the others, so I'm not sure if I can do that. Or I can use the new ES on the back wall as the master in ReefCrest and then run the 2-side slave Vortechs in anti-sync. I'm not sure what should be the master, or if the ES must be the master.
What do you recommend for my setup/system? I want turbulent flow as I have an sps dominated tank. Thank you.

EcoTech Marine
04/27/2011, 11:54 AM
I'd recommend getting three ES drivers so that you can have all three run in ES modes with the pumps put in the appropriate mode given their position. Otherwise really the only other thing to do would be to run the back one in whichever mode you prefer.

ryshark
04/27/2011, 03:45 PM
So it isn't possible to make the ES the master and the other 2 slaves all running in reefcrest mode?

EcoTech Marine
04/28/2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, but then all three pumps would have to run in reefcrest mode. I was under the impression you wanted to implement some of the ES modes.