PDA

View Full Version : Twitchy wrasse

iwishtofish
04/30/2011, 04:44 AM
I posted this in the fish disease forum previously (where it most belongs), but the traffic there is slower and I may get some answers here, as well...

My McCosker's is acting differently. He does a single, sudden head jerk occasionally, and often quickly bumps or rubs his mouth against an available surface. He is still eating pretty well, but seems to "go with the flow" in the tank a bit more, instead of dominating it. In other words, he doesn't look like he is having fun anymore.

I've seen no sign of ich or flukes. Doesn't mean they aren't present, of course.

If he doesn't turn around, and provided I can catch him, should I treat for both flukes and ich?

ginger7286
04/30/2011, 08:48 AM
I would, I don't know what that behavior means unless ther is another fish giving him a problem. Could also be his way of playing..... if you treat him I would definitely treat for both.

iwishtofish
04/30/2011, 11:58 AM
I would, I don't know what that behavior means unless ther is another fish giving him a problem. Could also be his way of playing..... if you treat him I would definitely treat for both.

I hope it's his way of playing! I'll continue to watch really closely.