PDA

View Full Version : tropic eden reef flakes...

viks
04/30/2011, 10:48 AM
any ideas on where i can buy it.
premium aquatic are sold out.
cheers
viks

OceanGoer
04/30/2011, 02:49 PM
I would recommend you use a good frozen food such as mysis shrimp. Flake and pellet food are OK but they contain high levels of phosphates. They truly are nowhere near as good or natural as frozen food. I will warn though, the one frozen food you want to stay away from is brine shrimp. Brine shrimp are high in salt and have no nurtritional value. Hope this helps =)

viks
04/30/2011, 04:25 PM
????

Lynnmw1208
04/30/2011, 04:26 PM
I would recommend you use a good frozen food such as mysis shrimp. Flake and pellet food are OK but they contain high levels of phosphates. They truly are nowhere near as good or natural as frozen food. I will warn though, the one frozen food you want to stay away from is brine shrimp. Brine shrimp are high in salt and have no nurtritional value. Hope this helps =)

Uh reef flakes is a substrate not a food LOL. :D

Did you check amazon or ebay? A lot of people are waiting for this substrate as it is really nice. You won't regret waiting that's for sure! I love mine!

viks
04/30/2011, 04:31 PM
Uh reef flakes is a substrate not a food LOL. :D

Did you check amazon or ebay? A lot of people are waiting for this substrate as it is really nice. You won't regret waiting that's for sure! I love mine!

lol...funny post from that other person, i was cracking up!

yeah, i'll check amazon...i'm gonna be running a vortech mp40, with the hope that the flakes stay put...your thoughts?

Lynnmw1208
04/30/2011, 04:35 PM
lol...funny post from that other person, i was cracking up!

yeah, i'll check amazon...i'm gonna be running a vortech mp40, with the hope that the flakes stay put...your thoughts?

You should be ok. I have heard of a lot of people using the vortechs with this substrate and they got it because it will stay put. When I first put my koralias in though, I had some blow around because of the placement. I made a little adjustment and everything is well. I still get some that blow around, but they don't create a storm or anything, just a couple pebbles moving.

Blinkgyrl2987
04/30/2011, 06:43 PM
Never heard of this new substrate. I too thought they meant a "flake food". What are the advantages of using it?

viks
04/30/2011, 11:17 PM
it's a sized grain i believe. seems hard to get a hold off though.

GvineReefer
05/01/2011, 12:45 AM
I was looking for the reef flakes for a long time and could never track any down. I ended up going with CaribSea's Seaflor Special Grade sand. It is very similar and IMO is just as nice. I love it so far. Check it out...

Blinkgyrl2987
05/01/2011, 01:25 PM
Are these other substrates more fine or course than aragonite?

zero26
05/01/2011, 01:44 PM
http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/TE-TE03616R30.html

viks
05/01/2011, 04:45 PM
yeah, i can't seem to find it anywhere...added myself to the waiting list as premium aquactics