PDA

View Full Version : mounting filter sock options

Gtt1988
04/30/2011, 01:10 PM
i have a cpr filter sock holder and hate it. everytime i wash the sock the plastic rim brakes, anyone have an alternative to mounting a sock without using the circular rim to hold it up. I have seen filter socks with cross threading at the top without the circular plastic rim to keep sock held up, but dont know where to find it?

UnusualSuspect
04/30/2011, 04:27 PM
After I saw the price of filter socks I went to a fabric store and bought a lot of felt, and make my own. I don't sew them, I seal the seams with hot glue then turn them inside out and use rubber bands to hold them to my drain hose.

I believe BRS has filter socks with drawstrings, both mesh and felt, that attach directly to your plumbing.

Greg 45
04/30/2011, 05:55 PM
most of them have a handle on them put a 1/2 inch pvc going across the sump

liz62
04/30/2011, 06:15 PM
After I saw the price of filter socks I went to a fabric store and bought a lot of felt, and make my own. I don't sew them, I seal the seams with hot glue then turn them inside out and use rubber bands to hold them to my drain hose.

I believe BRS has filter socks with drawstrings, both mesh and felt, that attach directly to your plumbing.

I made my own too although I sewed mine. I just wrap string around the filter sock after I put the drain in it and then tie it tight.

tinkerman
05/01/2011, 10:49 AM
I use a couple clamps for mine. Just clamp them to the pipe, if they clog the water will just run over if I don't get to it right away.

cobra9
05/01/2011, 11:36 AM
I just screwed a stainless screw into my return pipe then cut a small slit in all my homemade socks.

Just hand them on the screw and they never fall off. been doing it like this for 4 years now.