PDA

View Full Version : How do you attach your sps to your rocks?

lolgranny
05/03/2011, 12:18 PM
Im just curious as to what you guys do to place your sps on your rocks after you acclimate them to light.

Ive been acclimating them and whether or not the plus is encrusted it either break it off at the glue and use some putty or i put putty around the plugs.

Im curious what kind of putty you guys are using because the stuff i have is tough to work with under water and doesnt seem to "grab" the plug / superglue.

Thanks!!!

madcowz
05/03/2011, 12:22 PM
basic aquarium epoxy with added super glue gel. Apply super glue to frag plug then epoxy then another dab of glue and stick it to the rock. Works every time.

lolgranny
05/03/2011, 01:10 PM
basic aquarium epoxy with added super glue gel. Apply super glue to frag plug then epoxy then another dab of glue and stick it to the rock. Works every time.

I shall keep this in mind!

wells284
05/03/2011, 01:17 PM
I also use the epoxy and super glue method. I used to just use super glue, but it seemed to always loosen up in a month and the frag would come off the rock.

I cut the stem off the frag plug, and put a bad of glue on the bottom of the plug, then epoxy, and then another dab of superglue and stick it to the rocks.

RVANANO
05/03/2011, 01:26 PM
I use superglue if they are small enough. You must use superglue gel btw. If they are larger though, I usually set them where I want and they grow into place.

briankmarsh1980
05/03/2011, 01:34 PM
i drill holes in the rocks for plugs this way I can move them around until i satisfied they are in my liking and they are happy, I do you reef glue from time to time

d2mini
05/03/2011, 02:20 PM
I crush the stem of the frag plug in my vice so i'm left with just the disc. Then use the epoxy with superglue gel method.

lolgranny
05/03/2011, 02:50 PM
I crush the stem of the frag plug in my vice so i'm left with just the disc. Then use the epoxy with superglue gel method.

This is a WIN in my eyes, im glad i got some other thoughts on this. THANKS fellas!

chathomas
05/03/2011, 03:20 PM
my sps frags I take off the plugs and super glue directly. no worries

snorvich
05/03/2011, 04:37 PM
Until recently, epoxy and superglue. Now this (http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=TER-12GL&Category_Code=)

lolgranny
05/03/2011, 05:31 PM
Until recently, epoxy and superglue. Now this (http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=TER-12GL&Category_Code=)

Hows that new stuff working for ya Steve?

greech
05/03/2011, 06:03 PM
I break them off the plugs and glue them to a small piece of rock rubble and then glue that to the main rock. If they are encrusted the plug gets glued. Rather use a little more SG and no epoxy. Never seems to work for me.

snorvich
05/03/2011, 06:06 PM
Hows that new stuff working for ya Steve?

Superb. The only downside for me is that you have to really act fast as it sets very quickly. Other than that, excellent.