PDA

View Full Version : Vortech programming

JG1
05/07/2011, 08:31 AM
I want to run 3 hours in NTM, then 3 hours in Tidal swell, repeating this cycle throughout the day.

Can someone give me the code to do this?

thanks!

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 08:55 AM
I want to run 3 hours in NTM, then 3 hours in Tidal swell, repeating this cycle throughout the day.

Can someone give me the code to do this?

thanks!

Create 2 profiles. One for NTM and one for Tidal. You can name those profiles for example NTM and Tidal. Select the mode you want and also the max speed you want etc...
Then go to : "outlet setup" and select your MP pump
Control type should be "advanced"
Then put it in the code assuming you named the profiles NTM and Tidal:
Fallback ON
If Time 08:00 to 11:00 Then NTM
If Time 11:00 to 14:00 Then Tidal
If Time 14:00 to 17:00 Then NTM
and so on until you covered the whole day.

Personally I would suggest to create a "Night" profile also to have your pumps running slow during the night (select a max speed in the "Night" profile) and program accordingly for the time you want to run the "Night mode".
If you would do this add this to your coding:
If Time 21:00 to 08:00 Then Night

Hope this helps
Michael

JG1
05/07/2011, 09:06 AM
Michael,

I'm a little confused about creating profiles.

Would this be the two profiles on the bottom or are you speaking of something different?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/JG1inNJ/Screenshot2011-05-07at110418AM.png?t=1304780741

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 09:13 AM
Nope.
Go to configuration and then profile setup.
Select one of the empty profiles. for example PF1 or so.
Once in there do your setting accordingly. Below is just an example how it should look. This is just reference. Used one of my profiles.

http://www.tcmas.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=7074

JG1
05/07/2011, 09:17 AM
Gotcha.

Ok. So after that go into outlet setup-advanved, enter the code. Do I enter the code individually for both pumps, or just the Master?

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 09:28 AM
Gotcha.

Ok. So after that go into outlet setup-advanved, enter the code. Do I enter the code individually for both pumps, or just the Master?

Remember in your coding you have to use the same names as you did in your profile setup.

Are you going to run your pumps in "sync" or "anti-sync" mode?
You will have to create an additional profile for the "sync" or "anti-sync" mode and point your "slave pump" to the "Master"

Here is an example. In my case the MP40 is the master and the MP10 is the slave.

Profile setup
http://www.tcmas.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=7075

Outlet setup
http://www.tcmas.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=7076

JG1
05/07/2011, 09:36 AM
Anti-sync.

I thought I understood this but now I'm all confused

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 09:45 AM
No worries. It took me a while also to figure it out.

Look at the profile example above (Sync10). My MP40 is MASTER and MP10 is SLAVE.
This profile will tell the MP10 what to do....
It tells the MP10 to run into "anti-sync" and the MASTER is the MP40.

Then in the outlet setup example created for the MP10 (slave):
I pointed to the profile "Sync10". Now the Slave pump will look into the "Sync10" profile and do what it says there. It tells the MP10 to run into "anti-sync" mode and that the Master is the MP40.
By doing this the MP10 will do the opposite (anti-sync) from what the MP40 is doing at that time

JG1
05/07/2011, 09:54 AM
Ok I think I understand.

One question though. I was under the impression that since I assigned one of my MP40's as the master pump, they would then be running in anti-sync. I guess I was wrong. So lets say for example I just wanted to run reef crest in anti-sync, under profiles where it says vortech type, I would select anti-sync? Where exactly would I tell the controller that I wanted reef crest anti-sync?

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 10:05 AM
Create for each mode you want a different profile. In the profile just select the mode you need and name it.

Then in your outlet setup for the MP40 (Master) program those profiles and the time you want to run them.

My example. The names Lagoon, Nutrient, Crest etc. are the names from the profiles I created.

http://www.tcmas.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=7080

JG1
05/07/2011, 10:22 AM
Ok I understand all that now.

What I'm confused about is incorporating anti-sync and sync.

Because if you make a profile you can either pic a mode like lagoon, reef crest, NTM, Etc, or anti-sync/sync.

Suppose I wanted to run a mode in anti-sync? I have to create an additional profile for just that, and another profile for say Lagoon. When I then go into outlet setup under advanced, what do I have to type to incorporate both the anti-sync and lagoon into one function?

MAXreefer
05/07/2011, 10:33 AM
Ok I understand all that now.

What I'm confused about is incorporating anti-sync and sync.

Because if you make a profile you can either pic a mode like lagoon, reef crest, NTM, Etc, or anti-sync/sync.

Suppose I wanted to run a mode in anti-sync? I have to create an additional profile for just that, and another profile for say Lagoon. When I then go into outlet setup under advanced, what do I have to type to incorporate both the anti-sync and lagoon into one function?

You create different profiles for all your modes like Crest, Lagoon etc and assign them to the MASTER (all done in the profile setup).
You create also an additional profile for the "anti-sync* mode and assign at to the MASTER also.

Now hat happens is when you have the outlet setup for the SLAVE as described above (in my example pointing to the "sync10 profile" the SLAVE will look into this profile. From there it will know it has to run into the "anti-sync" mode but also that his MASTER is the MP40 pump and will do the opposite from what you programmed in the MP40(master) outlet

JG1
05/07/2011, 10:48 AM
Gotcha!

I understand now. Thank you!!!!

What do you prefer in your tank, anti-sync or sync?