PDA

View Full Version : Ich in a reef tank.

bElwell
05/08/2011, 02:32 PM
My tank unfortunately came down with Ich, quite bad. I removed all fish and put them in a copper treatment tank for the last 3 weeks. I put one of my tangs back in the tank (this guy never seemed to get the ich), and it has been 3 weeks since. Do you think I can start to put the rest of the guys back in the tank?

b0bab0ey
05/08/2011, 05:10 PM
Most people recommend that you leave your tank fallow (fishless) for at least 2 full months to eradicate the ich completely.

Chris27
05/09/2011, 01:26 PM
The corporate answer is no, it's not time yet, get the tang back out and into QT for another month with the rest of the fish.

The impatient reefer answer, sure toss the rest of them back in an cross your fingers.....but be ready to pull them yet again.

The lifecycle of Crypt is a month or so long, so the parasite may very well have cycled out, but it's hard to say at this point.

Use your best judgement, chances are, you already know the answer, but are just looking for someone to say it's ok.....not that there is anything wrong with that....an empty display tank is hard to walk by each day!

ReeferBill
05/09/2011, 01:32 PM
I know how hard it is to have an empty display but for the health of your fish try and get through it and make alot of visits to your favorite localfish store... Haste makes .....?:):eek2: