PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect to PC - AC Adapter the Same?

Paradiddle7
05/11/2011, 03:09 PM
I haven't connected my Controller to a PC for a long time, maybe 3 years. I have the serial interface. I've been sent 2 broken ethernet controllers and finally bought a 3rd because AT dealers are out of business. I also bought the new Tunze controller and I want to finally get my ethernet working so I can write an Android app, but I'm stuck.

Anyways, is the power adapter for the Serial Interace the same as all the other AC adapters for AT? I couldn't find the AC adapter, just the serial interface. I tried using the one from my dosing pump but that didn't work.

I have a USB <-> Serial adapter and installed the drivers and set my communication port to Com 4 and I still can't connect.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? I bought the serial to usb adapter ($12) so I wouldn't have to spend $60 on the AT USB module.

This is really frustrating. I've had so many of my AT modules break. 2 Ethernets, Dosing pump after 3 months, now it looks like my serial interface is dead. I won't even know if my new ethernet works until I can get the software installed and my firmwares updated.

Paradiddle7
05/11/2011, 03:47 PM
Turns out my only available USB slot is broken on my power strip. So now I'll have to buy a new strip or the USB hub just to run my tunze module. Great.

nemo's janitor
05/27/2011, 05:42 AM
Yes, i also have issues with the ACQ220 on the new software. I have/well had two working ACQ220 serial interfaces and both do not work on the latest software.

Para the serial interface has a power connector jack but i also never received a power supply with all mine. Always worked without. and yes with the usb converter.

Now i am battling to find a copy of the old pc software to keep the few i have left going (4) from 30+ at one time.