PDA

View Full Version : Are there small battery powered power heads?

dzhuo
05/11/2011, 04:49 PM
When I do water change, I normally use a turkey blaster to gently clean the rock of debris. This works pretty well but I am wondering if there are small battery powered power heads which might be better? Does anyone know?

campos
05/11/2011, 06:32 PM
just buy a small powerhead an use that.

dzhuo
05/11/2011, 06:49 PM
Moving a powerhead with cord inside a tank full of corals is annoying and can easily knock things off. It would be sweet if the powerhead is cordless and small enough to be hold in one hand.

slief
05/11/2011, 08:03 PM
Moving a powerhead with cord inside a tank full of corals is annoying and can easily knock things off. It would be sweet if the powerhead is cordless and small enough to be hold in one hand.

But your arm is already in there. If your worried just wrap the cord around your forearm.

I do understand where your coming from though.

dzhuo
05/11/2011, 09:07 PM
I normally do not break the corals with my hands but I had accidentally wrap the power cord around a frag, move the power head and break the entire coral off more than once. My tank is large-ish (it's 150g) and it's tall so I couldn't see from the side. Wrapping the cord around my forearm doesn't really help due to the size of my tank since I would still have to move the power head across the tank for a 4'x3' area so there is a long distance to cover. The turkey blaster works better because I don't have to constantly worry where is the other part of the cord wrapping to but I think if there is a battery powered power head, it would be better even.