PDA

View Full Version : In the world of crobattt....

crobattt
05/11/2011, 06:37 PM
So today a couple things happened with which i need help. I bought 4 things today, another koralia 750, para-guard (if you didn't know i have ich on my powder bring), metra something.... (another thing for ich), and a clarkii clown.

firstly, i need some help with koralia, i don't know where to put it in the tank. I have one currently in, and it's on the back wall in the middle. I don't really know where to move them too. Should i put one on each side, and if so which way should i point them?

Also i just dipped my powder brown for the first dose about an hour ago, he seemed to get very stressed, but if it'll kill the ich, its worth it. has this stuff worked for anybody else? I noticed the spots for the first time last night and there were probably like 30 of them, but this morning when i woke up they all seemed to be gone except for the ones on his fins. When i got home from school though they were back. Any idea why this is happenening?

I also bought a nano clarkii clown, so i might take some pics later...

Anyways wish me and my powder luck with his ich....

any info is greatly appreciated.

crobattt
05/11/2011, 07:48 PM
nobody?..

Angel*Fish
05/11/2011, 07:52 PM
Have you read his thread? Sticky: ***ICH: HOW TO TREAT: Marine ICH(cryptocaryon irritans) (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1985626)

Seahorse NJRC
05/11/2011, 07:53 PM
Have you read this http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1985626? It has a lot of great info on treating ich. IMO, I would only treat fish with the hyposalinity method. The medications don't work as effectively. Hypo should be done in a hospital tank with the DT remaining fallow for at least 4 weeks, preferably longer. You stated that the spots disappearing, which means that the ich has moved on to the next stage of the life cycle. HTH.

briankmarsh1980
05/11/2011, 09:17 PM
Dipping your fish and then putting it back in the DT will do nothing your DT has the parasites as well
Para guard is for internal stuff not ich.