PDA

View Full Version : ORP Probe 000

Esquare
05/12/2011, 12:58 PM
I have been having problems with my ORP. It reads 000 and doesn't change unless I swirl the probe around then it goes to about 050 but starts to drop off again right away down to 000. The probe has been cleaned and setup in my apex. Any ideas?

aquamanic
05/12/2011, 02:43 PM
There's two things I can think of.

1. Do you have ORP properly enabled on the base module instead of a second PH probe?
2. You can initialize 'all' to clear the probe calibrations. WARNING - this will clear all your probe calibrations and erase your programs and profiles. Make sure your programs are backed up first so you can restore.

If your calibration is messed up on the ORP probe, it can cause what you're seeing.

Esquare
05/12/2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the response Alan.

I Got to the frustration point yesterday of "Init All" without, of course, saving the program. I am now going through the process of reprogramming my outlets (saving as I go), there was no change.

I assume that I have the ORP properly enabled on the base unit (ORP setup set to on).

I tried to recalibrate some time ago (months, yes I have been dealing with this for a while) but all I had to recalibrate with was 400mv orp/redox fluid which is not how the Apex is setup to recalibtrate.

aquamanic
05/12/2011, 08:08 PM
So after you did the 'init all', does your probe report anything other than 0?

Esquare
05/12/2011, 09:03 PM
No change. 000 until I swish it around then it will go up a bit and slowly drop back to 000

kenargo
05/12/2011, 09:07 PM
If you've checked everything else I would say that it sounds like the probe is bad.

Esquare
05/13/2011, 05:25 AM
If you've checked everything else I would say that it sounds like the probe is bad.

That's what I was afraid of. Now i have a bad conductivity probe and a bad orp probe. Man, this gets frustrating.

Thank you

aquamanic
05/13/2011, 07:58 AM
Well that sucks. Usually when an ORP probe goes bad (or gets disconnected from the controller) the reading will spike to something close to 1000. The fact that you're getting 0 makes me think it's software. But, the only way to know for sure at this point is to replace it and cross your fingers.

Esquare
05/14/2011, 05:57 PM
What is really weird is that it will register 50 to 70 when I swirl it around then slowly (sometimes over the course of an hour) drop back to 000.