1 16oz can of tuna make sure nothing other than tuna water salt and oil
1 16oz can of peas 1
1 bottle of clam juice
1/2 pound of spinach
1/2 pound of broccoli
2 packs of nori
and 2-3 cloves of garlic
and leftover frozen food
you also need a large bowl a blender a large spoon a can opener and a few large plastic bags
in the bowl add the tuna the fish food and break up the crab meat with your hands and add that then blend the nori so its the size of flake food and add that blend the shrimp halibut scallops spinach broccoli and garlic add clam juice to help it blend then add it to the bowl and mix with the large spoon it should look and feel like guacamole then scoop it into the plasic bags and flaten to about 1/4-1/2" thick and put into freezer for a day when you're redy to feed break off a small chunck and put in a cup to melt it and pour into the tank they should go crazy i have noticed my fish and my corals are looking better and i'm saving money but its very stinky

Mike P
05/14/2011, 12:22 AM
I do this same thing. Saves tons of money and the fish go nuts over it. However my skimmer goes nuts as well.

Tip: Put the blended mix in an old ice cube try, then put it in a plastic bag to rid of the smell.

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 12:59 AM
i can't get the smell out of my blender and it took 3-4 showers to get the smell off myself

ChknWing
05/14/2011, 01:06 PM
deff use an old blender that you will only use for this. I as well almost gag at the smell.

rayn
05/14/2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for this, I have been looking for a good home recipe to use.

rocking
05/14/2011, 05:14 PM
this is a recipe for frozen marine food it makes 6-7 pounds of food you need
2 pounds raw shrimp
1 pound of halibut
1/2 pound of scallops
1/2 pound of crab
1 16oz can of tuna make sure nothing than tuna water
1 16oz can of peas 1
1 bottle of clam juice
1/2 pound of spinach
1/2 pound of kelp
2 packs of nori
2 pcks frozen brim shrimp
and 2-3 cloves of garlic
and leftover frozen food
you also need a large bowl a blender a large spoon a can opener and a few large plastic bags
in the bowl add the tuna the fish food and break up the crab meat with your hands and add that then blend the nori so its the size of flake food and add that blend the shrimp halibut scallops, spinach,kelp,brim shrimp and garlic add clam juice to help it blend then add it to the bowl and mix with the large spoon it should look and feel like guacamole then scoop it into the plasic bags and flaten to about 1/4-1/2" thick and put into freezer for a day when you're redy to feed break off a small chunck and put in a cup to melt it and pour into the tank they should go crazy i have noticed my fish and my corals are looking better and i'm saving money but its very stinky
best to get a blinder from a yard sale for this dyi lmao

cmof29
05/14/2011, 05:18 PM
This seems very well thought out. How did you come up with it? I wanna try it now.

Luckless
05/14/2011, 07:37 PM
Why the clam juice? It doesn't seem like it would add much of value and just make for needless mess. (Asked as a newbie.)

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 07:41 PM
This seems very well thought out. How did you come up with it? I wanna try it now.

Thank you I found a few sites and mixed the resipes and added a few things like the tuna crab clam juice peas est

cmof29
05/14/2011, 07:42 PM
Ohh....just wondering...are the peas put in to help the fish' digestive tracks?

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 07:42 PM
Why the clam juice? It doesn't seem like it would add much of value and just make for needless mess. (Asked as a newbie.)

It seemed better than water also it would make the fish more likely to eat it

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 07:44 PM
Ohh....just wondering...are the peas put in to help the fish' digestive tracks?

I Just think it would be better

Greg 45
05/14/2011, 07:45 PM
What size bottle of clam juice ?
Thanks

NanoReefWanabe
05/14/2011, 08:36 PM
tuna is processed isnt it? i am not sure i would use anything other then raw fresh ingredients, i think a raw tuna fillet would be better...no?

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 10:08 PM
tuna is processed isnt it? i am not sure i would use anything other then raw fresh ingredients, i think a raw tuna fillet would be better...no?

It might be but all it was was tuna water veggie oil and salt

thelizardkin
05/14/2011, 10:09 PM
What size bottle of clam juice ?
Thanks

I think it was 10oz

jeff@zina.com
05/15/2011, 07:31 AM
That recipe is a lot higher in vegetable material than I use, but it really depends on what you're feeding. Also, never used canned products. Fresh and fresh-frozen only. The only other thing I do is make smaller batches, no more than a month's worth of food at a time.

Jeff

NanoReefWanabe
05/15/2011, 11:24 AM
That recipe is a lot higher in vegetable material than I use, but it really depends on what you're feeding. Also, never used canned products. Fresh and fresh-frozen only. The only other thing I do is make smaller batches, no more than a month's worth of food at a time.

Jeff

be very careful using any frozen foods though as you NEED to make sure they remain frozen, otherwise you could risk dangerous bacterial growth.

i have also added live rotifers, phyto and baby brine to my batches, if you have them cultured in primarily regular water you can add and freeze, if you cultured them in salt water you will have to somehow strain them out and add then, saltwater is very hard to freeze...live enriched foods like this i imagine could replace the need to use clam juice..