PDA

View Full Version : Gorgonian Help Needed

dgreen571
05/15/2011, 04:35 PM
Gorgonian Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 3 Gorgonians that came with my FL Live Rock in my 210 Gal. I was going for a natural look and after 7 months I am very happy with the results. I have 3 Gorgonians that were hitch-hikers on my rock. The bigger one to the right was hidden between the rock and overflow and was in very bad shape when I brought it out to it's current position. The smaller one next to it is a branch that looked really bad and had the core exposed, so I cut it and put it in the rock. The third to the left was always in the open, but on the bottom to the right of the Toadstool. Since it never looked as full as the upper two (about as good as it gets in the pic), I moved it up. I think they are "happy" as they reproduced, but the little ones didn't survive. Also the larger one has grown a new branch about 2 inches long. I sent this picture so you could see it, it is usually the fullest of the 3. My questions are:

Should I do anything different with the one on the far left or leave it where it is and see how it does?

Is there anything in general that I can do to insure their continued health and growth?

And finally what is the correct name for this species?

Any help or comments would be appreciated

laura.d
05/16/2011, 05:37 AM
Are you feeding them? Gorgs need supplemental feeding from what people tell me.

dgreen571
05/17/2011, 01:57 AM
I also fed my tank with Mysis and Brine Shrimp

tom obrecht
05/17/2011, 07:13 AM

Might want to try a smaller sized food. My gorgs always did well with daphnia and cyclopeeze. What flow do you have in the tank? They like a more sweeping flow rather than a blasting.

tom obrecht
05/17/2011, 08:48 AM

Might want to try a smaller sized food. My gorgs always did well with daphnia and cyclopeeze. What flow do you have in the tank? They like a more sweeping flow rather than a blasting.