PDA

View Full Version : 1st time chaeto help

ReefKnot
05/17/2011, 09:22 PM
I've got my sump/fuge set up, and I want to have chaeto in my fuge. I've already got the proper light and its set at the right height. I'm not too sure what to do next. What do I need in my fuge for the chaeto? I've seen alot of people talk about some sort of mud? Whats the best option for me to put in my fuge?

Thanks!

Catchoftheday
05/17/2011, 09:31 PM
I use Mud my Fuge is home made but it works really really good i have so many pods in my DT

collie man
05/17/2011, 09:34 PM
i dont use the mud but i have the cheato just floating in the refugium portion of my sump. some say it should tumble but mine doesnt and grows well.

dattong
05/17/2011, 09:38 PM
you don't really need anything in there, just toss the cheato in there and let it grow, the more light it gets the faster it grows. If you want pods, you need to seed it with pods first. That's how I did with my fuge. It grows fast, I gave away and sold it off once in a while

disc1
05/17/2011, 10:04 PM
+1 it will grow anywhere there's light and flow. You can just put it right in there and let it float or tuck it down with a little rock if you want it on the bottom.

aandfsoccr04
05/17/2011, 10:28 PM
How much flow do you need? What kind of pods would you recommend seeding with?

disc1
05/17/2011, 11:00 PM
How much flow? Some. It will grow with just about anything that isn't sitting still.

What kind of pods? If you can find a fellow reefer who is trimming theirs, it will already have all the pods you need in it. I am also a fan of Reed's Tigger Pods and mysis.

Catchoftheday
05/17/2011, 11:09 PM
How much flow do you need? What kind of pods would you recommend seeding with?

Reef pods are really good DT's Live Marine Copepods Tiger pods ok. I wish i had a good camera so i could zoom in so you could see them . My spotted mandarin goby is a FAT happy guy that is for sure

aandfsoccr04
05/17/2011, 11:26 PM
thanks. I'll just talk to a fellow reefer.